Kaiya loves to be nursed to sleep, and she also loves to nurse all through the night whenever she stirs. It's not because she's hungry- it's like she's just checking to make sure I'm right next to her. So I've decided to teach her to put her self to sleep. I've never been the type of parent who feels comfortable letting Kaiya cry herself to sleep, but I didn't know of any other way- so I kinda felt stuck about nursing her to sleep all the time. Then I found this video and it works like a charm!The first time I tried it only took 30 minutes to get her to sleep, the second time it took 15 minutes and it's been the same amount of time since then. The only thing I have to do thats different than the video is swaddle her arms so that she stops moving (Swaddling is just a nice word for a baby straight jacket made from her blanket). But it works! The best part is that it's not a traumatizing situation for either one of us and the job still gets done.
Click HERE for the Video (read the instructions below).
Once your there scroll down a ways and find the section on the right hand called sleep. Click on the Dr. Sear's method.
No comments:
Post a Comment