Saturday, September 29, 2007

Chasing Pigeons

One of our many adventures in Japan, was when we went through this really long tunnel of vendors at a flea market which looked like this:

See how you can't see the end? Thats how long it was, and we went through in the middle of a very hot summer day(our trip to Japan was in July). So when we got out of the tunnel we sat in a benched area and saw this:

Which is so beautiful, as you can see. There were other temples in this area and they were taller than this one and just as beautiful but the pictures are sideways, so I'm not going to mess with them on blogger. Anyway, we also saw this:
Which was by this soft serve ice cream shop that literally had every flavor of ice cream imaginable, even wasabi--which tasted exactly like you'd imagine wasabi soft serve ice cream would taste like.
This was part of the temple too:
And we saw this little boy in a pink shirt, plaid shorts and water socks, chasing pigeons. Why were they chasing pigeons? You got me, but it was fun to watch.
At one point this boy's mom or somebody, was giving him pointers on how to catch the pigeon, and the rest, of what I assume was his family, was sitting on the bench watching/cheering him on. This video clip is literally a tenth of what we saw. He was all over the place, other Japanese people walked by and chuckled to watch him. He was funny or at least I thought so.
Watch how sneaky he is at the end of the video:



4 comments:

lizzie said...

I assume he knew the girl whose food he took. Seems like a strange little boy. What would he do with it if he caught one?

Melissa said...

Yeah she was just taking a break form chasing them too. I think it was his sister. I was wondering the same--maybe take it home for dinner? Ewwww

Stephanie said...

i love the little boy in a pink shirt, paid shorts, and water socks! i think you should write a short story about him.

Melissa said...

haha- maybe I should! I just keep watching the video over and over again because he's so wierd and funny, and I laugh everytime I watch it. I guess that means it would make a good short story.