Friday, December 28, 2007

4 years

Four years ago today Chad and I became husband and wife. At this exact time we were sleeping at the Inn at temple square in Salt Lake City (which sadly doesn't exist anymore--I had visions of us as a cute 85 year old couple, going back to stay there to remind us of days past).
It's crazy how time flies. I don't know if it's the fact that this year I'll be turning 25 or that these last four years went by much faster than I anticipated, but It recently hit me that life is moving forward and time does go by much quicker than you think it's going to. When I was a kid and a teenager, time wasn't even a thought for me--I always felt like I had plenty of it. I guess I felt that way up until I had Kaiya, after I had her is when I realized how precious every second is.
I put Kaiya in time-out today for one minute (cause she's one) and it made me think of when I was a kid and an hour was literally an eternity. I specifically remember a time when my grandma said: "we're leaving in an hour", and I felt so impatient like the end of that hour would never come. An hour to me then was like five of my current "adult" hours.
Even though I have lots of hours ahead of me, I just think a lot more about those hours and how much then mean, than I used to. I think I realize now more than ever that every single second that passes is a second you will never get back, so It's really important to live it the best you can, so you don't look back and have regrets about the way you spent the time you did have.
Anyways...
Chad and I had a cool date tonight. We only had a couple of hours cause we didn't go out till it was 6:30 which is very close to bedtime for the little monkey, we didn't want to keep her up too late so we just went to KFC, Baskin Robbins and then went to the Fun Factory. Thats right, the Fun Factory. It was the bomb we spent like twenty minutes playing a shooting game. I was secret agent Wesley and Chad was secret agent Ivan and we had cool anime hair. We kept dying but we finally made it past the first level. Then we had to quit because we almost spent all of our money on that one game. We also raced VW golf's and of course I won. wha ha ha. I just barely pulled past him though, he was ahead of me the whole time. We had a good time playing games and hanging out, like we used to when we were without the child, although we wouldn't trade her for the world.
Happy Anniversary mister Chad. Love you lots.

5 comments:

echo said...

wow, 4 years, congrats!! i didn't even know there was a fun factory in hawaii. sounds like a blast!

lizzie said...

I forgot that you were married one year and one day before us. Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you had a great time.

Melissa said...

oh yeah, I forgot too. Happy Anniversary to you too Lizzie and Micah!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Melissa and Chad

We were thinking of you on Thursday.

Love Uncle and Ger

Melissa said...

Thanks Uncle and Ger!! Love you guys.