Today was officially my first day as a working woman. Thats right folks, your looking (so to speak) at the newest employee at American Savings Bank. You may be asking yourself why I, a person trained to be an Elementary school teacher, took employment at a bank. It's really quite simple, here are my reasons:
1) It's less than a five minute drive from my house
2) I get paid money
3) I'm a peak time employee, which means after training I only work 19 hours a week. so...
4) I still get to hang out lots with my baby (my number one reason) ...and oh yeah...
5) I have previous, quite extensive (might I add) work experience as an employee at a financial institution. At a you name it, I've done it all type of job.
I did an all day orientation meeting in town yesterday and my lovely husband came and walked Kiaya around all day in case she really needed to nurse or something while I was in training. He loves to indulge me. She of course did splendidly with her Daddy and didn't really miss me too much, except at the end of the day, much to my relief. And she only nursed once for like 2 minutes, I guess if you ever need to wean an 18 month old you just have to get a job, and they'll do it themselves.
6 comments:
congratulations working woman!
My wife is so cool.
Way to go. We have fond memories of ASB Hawaii and the extremely helpful employees there. Seriously. Everyone was always so helpful and nice. You'll be a great addition.
found you! cute blog!
and....your such a cute crafter. that being said, we need to craft together sometime- does that sound so lame or what? but seriously, we should, right after we go surfing.
Good for you Melissa! And I am with the comment about great service. They were the best bank I have ever had.
Post a Comment