Tuesday, February 12, 2008

아기를 지켜보고합니다.

For those of you who don't know, the last few weeks I have taken care of Kaiya on days when Melissa has to work -- usually that's 4 days a week, from 2:30Pm until 7:30 to 8:00PM. It's been really good for our (daddy/daughter) relationship, and I love spending the time with Kaiya. Today, unfortunately, Kaiya was sick, irritable, and generally giving me all the signs that she needed to get some rest; however, getting Kaiya to fall asleep isn't one of my strong points -- in fact, she will fight my attempts to help lull her to sleep until she is completely exhausted and collapses. ;)

I was lucky today. After walking around outside for a while, I helped her to put her head on my shoulder and patted her back; she actually stayed like that (unusual) and I talked/softly sang to her as we walked back home. Once we were back, I set her in her favorite computer chair with her favorite teddy bear, turned on "Little Einsteins," and ran to the bathroom -- by the time I got back, she was slumped over, fast asleep.

I wish I had remembered to get out our tripod -- the pictures would have turned out better (or if I had photoshop to make some adjustments to them...). Anyway, I still wanted to share them.


I used a flash in this first picture. I felt like I had to because the afternoon light was fading quickly but when I saw the picture I was disappointed. It looked nothing like what reality was... so I took another shot:


This one looks much better -- but I had to use the table to stabilize the camera, so the shot is a little off center... anyway. I hope you can get a feel for what it really looked like through these two images. That's mah Angel!

P.S. -- Extra points for anyone who can figure out what the title of this post means!

4 comments:

echo said...

i have no clue what the title means. but i do love those pictures. it is the best feeling when they just lay their head down on your shoulder. those moments are few and far between with adelaide too. but so worth it when they do happen.

Melissa said...

you guys are the cutest! I love the pictures you took.
according to two online translating services it means: "watching the baby, it does."
both of them said the same exact thing, but I have no clue what that means.

Stephanie said...

i love it when daddys get to have these moments. it is so sweet- what a precious time for you both. maybe i'll start heading off to work in the evenings instead of trying to get it done during the day at home. that's an idea. :)

stef j. said...

That is so cute! It's like a mini-miracle when they lay their little fluffy head on your shoulder. I just count the seconds (all 3 of them) and try to soak in the moment. Good job for getting her to sleep! Huge accomplishment!