well for me at least. i technically opened this shop in may sometime, but with the craziness that is my life this summer, i only got to putting stuff in it tonight. so with out further ado here is my, finally opened, etsy shop. right now i only have fabric baby slings (which by the way are the bomb if you have a baby) but i may put other stuff in it soon. here's part of my spill on my shop:
Beautiful, unique, handmade Hawaiian print fabric baby slings. Made for you, from Hawaii with Aloha.
All of my slings are made with aloha print on the exterior and a soft cotton on the interior. perfect for baby perfect for you. trust me, have you ever tried to wash the dishes with a baby in your arms? it just doesn't work. but if you have a sling made especially for you by yours truly, you can wash dishes, take care of a crazy toddler, read, clean, and lots of other very important things. plus, and this is a big plus, babies love to be close to you. they love to hear your heart beat and smell your motherly smell. this makes for a very safe, comfortable, HAPPY, stress free baby. Slings are the perfect solution, and the perfect accessory too. :)...
check my shop to read the rest.
so please tell me what you think (honestly, it helps a lot to have someone else' s point of view) and if you see something that needs to change. also buy a sling and tell your friends (happykai.etsy.com). or not. but do...please. :)
13 comments:
That IS the best news!!! Congrats on the big opening!!!! :)
Those slings are SOO CUTE!!
wow- what a great idea! congratulations! i love stef's sling that you made- good work.
congrats!! good niche too, i think. who wouldn't want a hawaiian print baby sling (particularly mainlanders and people who have vacationed here) i mean that seriously, not sarcastically.
another HUGE bonus i've found is i can nurse in the sling and noone even knows i'm nursing - no additional cover-up needed or anything.
thanks a TON for my totally awesome, first of its kind, Melissa brand baby sling!
stef--i was actually thinking the same thing too. because it's kinda touristy so i was hoping mainlanders would like the aloha print...i guess we'll see.
Very cute Melissa! I didn't know you made the sling Stef uses! You're a pro! Now I'm only giving you feedback because you asked and I hate it when nobody gives me feedback when I ask for it, but you might want to have a picture of a full finished sling. Just so people can see what the finished product looks like and maybe one with a baby actually in it. That's just a suggestion. :) The prices are good and the material is cute so I'm sure you'll do great! Congrats Melissa!
awesome idea. I really loved Stefani's! I agree with Noelle if you could take a pic of someone modeling one that be good. Some people don't know slings or have never used them. Maybe if I ever get the courage up to go for #3 I'll get one :)
i totally agree! thanks for the feedback guys.
super cute- great job!
i also think it would help if you had a pic of the finish product as well as a pic with someone using one.
i wish i knew you made these a year ago when ivy was the clingyest baby ever! although, sometimes i think that velz would be perfectly happy hanging in one all day too.
Melissa!!!! welcome to Etsy! funny thing is i've got some of the same material as you but in nursing cover style- well good luck with it..etsy is great for mainland publicizing-that's where i get all my sales..mostly=)
Moo Im so excited for you, I think that its great. I agree with everyone else everything is great and the only thing I would add is a picture of it in action. P.S I love my hooter hider maybe you should sell those too, Ive had like 5 people ask me where I got it.
Brian has requested one that he could wear around to, but he said it has to be manly and have one of the following on it..ninjas...nun-chucks..fire...dragon..a gun. Also an additional pocket allowing for the carrying of throwing stars is a must. Hope thats not too complicated :)
I'll get right on that! special ninja sling for Brian coming right up!
Such a cute idea! I will keep your site in mind for baby gifts and let my extended family know about it
Post a Comment