Friday, August 01, 2008

happy birthday to me...

The big 2-5 and the pie
I was surprised to come in my living room after being at the playground, to find it full of friends waiting to eat pie with me. Thanks for coming guys!mani and pedikali, kaiya and brylie at the library after story timekaiya, kali and bryliethen we went to the playground and who can resist mud? muddy feet. we had to go wash them off in the bathroom sink

Yesterday, july 30th , was my 25th birthday. I feel kinda weird saying that I'm 25, I just don't feel it. I feel 17 still. but clearly I am not!!
It was a fun day! Chad made me whole wheat chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, Kaiya and I went to class with our friends, then I put kaiya down for a nap and went downstairs to get a pedicure (direct orders from chad) and on my way out shanae, ang, and hilary gave me a gift certificate to get a pedicure!! it was so nice of them--thanks ladies!! Because of that I was able to get a manicure too.

That evening Shanae made us dinner, Chicken Parmesan, which I've NEVER had before. It was SOOSOSOSO good! Thanks a ton Shanae.
Later that night, Chad invited people over to surprise me, and we all had Ted's bakery pies. There were three choices: strawberry cream, peanut butter chocolate, and chocolate mousse. They were all really good, but I think everyone there was surprised to find out that the strawberry cream was the best, even better than chocolate!! Weird, I know but it tasted like cheesecake but less cheesy and more creamy. It was DELICIOUS!! Then I opened a present from Chad. It was a sewing kit organizer thing. It's perfect!

Much Mahalo to all my family and friends who called, emailed and sent cards. Thanks so much everyone for making my day special. I love you all!

our batteries died so I didn't get pictures of my party. But shanae took these so I stole them from her blog. Don't you love the pictures of kaiya in the mud and the ones of the three girls at the library? thanks shanae:)

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

we got the invite text over here on the mainland and wish we could have been there! glad you got to have so much fun- we will celebrate you and the little girl when we return!

.Ang. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! The Strawberry was SOOOOO GOOD!!! I'm glad you could have such a great day!!! oh, and you have the cutest feet!! SEriously! I LOVE Those pictures of Kaiya!! She is so stinkin cute!!!

I got a few good ones on my camera i will send your way once we pick up our computer... TONIGHT!!!!!! YES!!

leslie jo said...

What a fun birthday? I might have to get that pancake recipe? You are a fun mom! Kai is cute and I too love the mismatched flip flops.

Anonymous said...

happy b-day sweet-pea Ilove you!!!
and oh yeah my kid is having kaiya with draws not sure shes going to make it!!!!love ya miss ya always
auntie lori

lizzie said...

A little late, but happy birthday from us!