Friday, July 25, 2008

"I'm cute"

We just couldn't wait any longer to cut her hair. Everyday it was getting more and more out of control and looking more and more like a rabbi clown. So today we took the plunge and trimmed it up. It looks much healthier, but I kinda miss the craziness... I must admit. She sat soooo still for the beginning and got a little squirmy at the end. But overall she really liked it. I think it helped taht she was getting pretend haircuts earlier with her friend Brylie, she sat really still for that too.

This is her before fro




All done





And because she was so good she got a little tiny treat at the end. We went next door to Angel's and got an Angel's halo. The biggest and best shave ice I've ever had. condensed milk, sugar, whipped cream, sugar and flavoring and more sugar. How can it not be good?

Kaiya really enjoyed it and she was surprisingly clean at the end too. We saw auntie rose there and she kept trying to steal bites of her ice cream as if a whole halo isn't enough.

9 comments:

stef j. said...

congrats kaiya! i hope it helps you to have less tangles. :)

Noelle said...

I want to trim Drew's SO bad but I have a weird husband that thinks long, stringy, and tangley is cute. I love Kaiya's hair. She did so good!

Shanae said...

Kaiya's hair is so cute, I love it, and yay for Angel's shave ice:) Another happy customer.

The Waldon Family said...

Melissa, your daughter is beautiful! You are such a good mom.

The Varo's said...

Kaiya is right, she is cute! I can't believe how big she is getting. Our blog is private now so send me your email address so I can add you guys: thevaros@gmail.com.
Love, Monica

Stephanie said...

yeah kaiya- cute hair! i think i miss the crazy too, it was so awesome- but everyone must grow up i suppose. amby will take the plunge soon...

Hillaryous said...

derek came home today ranting about how adorable Kaiya is, as if i didnt know, and he just thinks she's so smart!

:)

Melissa said...

haha!! she was mauling him and she was being naughty. I kinda felt bad, so I'm a little surprised he thinks she's cute and not a little monster. but i'm glad he doesn't. :)

Chet said...

That is a really tiny treat. She was good, you should have gotten her something bigger, lol. Cute hair!