
Have you ever seen Elmo's potty time video? It's really...hmmm....I don't have words to describe it.
In one part they're talking about what different kids call "pee pee" and "poo poo". One kid says: "I call it a dukie" hahaha!! He really says it, I swear.
Anyway Kaiya calls all of it "poo poo", whether it is or not, and today she has mastered the art of waking up in the morning with a dry diaper and asking to go "poo poo", which in this case was really pee pee. She also has mastered pooping in the potty without help from mommy. She actually said: "I have to go poo poo mommy" and then she went a little then stood up, making me clean it up. Then she sat down and went some more and made me clean it up. She did that four times. It was a big dukie.
I was so proud of her cause it's the first time she's done so well with poop, and she kept repeating my words saying: "I'm so proud of you mommy" after she went in the potty. It was funny.
Diapers are gone, we just use them as a safe guard at night and I couldn't be happier. Yes we've had a lot of accidents but we're getting past that stage and I feel like she's really starting to get when she has to go and making sure she gets to the potty. She has been accident free for two days in a row!
"Yay Kaiya" as she would say.
7 comments:
I am so happy for you. Great job Kaiya! That is so exciting when you don't have to fork out money for diapers. That video is so funny, but I like it better than other ones I've seen.
Mary
congrats! i cant even imagine my life without changing ambrose's daiper... i feel like it will never happen... i guess it better thoguh, that would make his school day a little awkward... :)
yeah kaiya! that is awesome. feels so good to not have to worry about bringing diapers around huh?!?
Its a happy day when you dont have to clean dukie from your childs bottom :)
We bought that DVD for Brylie a while ago. My favorite part is the seemingly ten minute part where all the kids say the different names, it was a vocabulary lesson the first time i watched it with her.
haha that is the best part for sure! :)
My son Enzo loves this movie but it hasn't made him any more interested in potty training. oh well.
Post a Comment