Today we talked about Joseph Smith in relief society.
I am so grateful to him and what he endured to make sure we could have the gospel on the earth today. I am in utter awe by his undying faith in the Lord and his willingness to serve without end.
This is what he said in regards to the trials of his life:
"My only hope and confidence is in that God who gave me being, in whom there is all power, who now is present before me, and my heart is naked before his eyes continually. He is my comforter, and he forsaketh me not."
"I know in whom I trust; I stand upon the rock; the floods cannot, no they shall not, overthrow me."
I lately have been learning that trials are blessings, because without trials we couldn't change. We would have an easy life without opposition. and that doesn't cause us to sit and think about what WE could be doing differently, or how WE can change the situation with a change of attitute. Trials force us to change in order to survive. The change can be poitive or negative depending on us and how we chose to handle it.
I guess I thought my life was exceptionally hard for a long time because of things that I've gone through that seem so different than those around me. But the truth is, we all have trials, trials are so different for each of us, but we can all become better versions of our selves through every trial we endure (well). And if he seek the Lord and hold on to the iron rod throughout our life.
Everthing in my life is an immense blessing. I am learning to become more of whom I'm meant to be, But I'm far from perfect. I feel like each trial helps me learn more about who I really am. I'm grateful that we have a loving and kind savior who has no hidden agendas. He just loves us and wants us to return to him. Thats about it. He's waiting for us to make the right choices to and choose the path that we will follow. He's always there waiting. I know that he's there, I know that he loves me and I know that he loves you. I am so grateful that I know that.
4 comments:
Hi, this is Sister Rife. I was so happy that you sent in your blog address so we could know what your family is doing. Your daughter is just darling! It was fun to see you last September in Hawaii and how she has grown! Thanks for this inspirational post today.
That is so neat Melissa. I was just about to post about my sunday school lesson yesterday. We are so blessed to have this gospel. We watched the emma smith movie last night, so amazing. thanks for the inspiration and uplift in my day :-)
well said, that lesson in the book was so inspiring to me too. Trials really can be great blessings if we let them teach us and change us. A lady I really respected in my old ward used to always say she was thankful for her trials and now that I'm going through some real trials I understand what she meant. You need the bad to really see all the good. Even though something may seem hard or unbearable the blessings that come out of it are so rewarding! Thanks for the thoughts!!
Such a great post! I'm so grateful to have these blogs, to be inspired by my friends and to be able to check in on each other!
Post a Comment