
Chad and Kaiya had an adventure of a lifetime yesterday. It all started with a call to the apple store at Ala Moana to see if his computer was fixed. It was and so he and Kaiya made their way down to town to spend a little daddy daughter time together.
They successfully picked up Chad's beloved computer and were getting back on the freeway when all of the sudden they got in a little fender bender. The car hit him on the right drivers side by the gas tank, which Chad didn't notice (I pointed it out this morning). However the other car, which was a rental, was noticeably dented in the front. They said that Chad hit them, but we suspect otherwise since their dent is in the front of the car and his is on the back side of the car...what do you think?
Before coming home they planned to go get a fish at windward mall, for Kaiya. She decisively picked out two fish, and promptly named them both Rex (which is the name of her Auntie Katie's dog. Since she met him everything she names is now Rex). Then they headed home. I thought wow, this was a very fast trip, from the time they left here to the time they were leaving windward was only a few hours. I was thinking that I didn't have enough alone time, cause this trip was a first (of hopefully many) daddy/daughter dates.
Then Chad called when they were at kahana beach and said that he just heard on the radio, of a fatal accident in Hauula, that they were still investigating. And they weren't letting anyone pass. I told him he should just turn around and go the other way around the island, because we've gotten stuck in these before and it's incredibly miserable and usually takes forever. It would be even worse with a two year old. Chad decided that he would not turn around and hope for the best. Well five hours later, they finally made it home.
They ended up being stopped at Kaya's store so they could get out and get food and treats. They went on walks and played, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Kaiya did really well and only cried for me one time (which made me cry) but stopped as soon as I got off the phone. I was really starting to miss them at about five when they would have been home already.
Chad had some brilliant ideas to keep her busy. He made her run from him to a tree, fifty feet away for every m&m she wanted. She got all tuckered out and laid down in the middle of a run. He set up the goldfish in their aquarium (he said they looked like they were lethargic, probably cause there isn't any oxygen in a plastic bag), and she named them and played with them. He said she kept trying to pet them.
When they got home I got a big squeeze from my littlest love and was very glad to see them home and safe.
Today when Kaiya showed her fish to Kali she said: "these are my babies, they're both named Rex"
when she told Brylie about her new pets she said they were puppies. I said "kaiya that's not true what are they?" and she insisted they were puppies, so Angie said are they puppy-fish? and she was happy with that.
"Yep they're puppy fish!"




12 comments:
WOW, that sounds like QUITE the adventure!!!
Kaiya is so cute with her Puppy-fish! haha that was so funny. when you said "No, kaiya, what are they?"
[insert saddest face in the world] "but they're puppies mommy...."
haha
ps.My Grandpa's name is Rex :)
man! so many people were stuck- thomas luckily got stuck the other way and couldnt get to his work meeting and had to stay home... oh darn! it can be so frustrating though- we got stuck at one at 2 in the morning a long time ago and we were just in hauula... we could have walked home but had to turn around and drive around the island. frustrating!
i am proud of chad and all his clever plans! and isnt that just how it is? i enjoy my time away from ambrose until it gets too long and then i am antsy. hope life with the fish is going well- i always think maybe we should get some, but maybe ill wait til he is at least kaiya's age.
oh my goodness. that sounds like a really crazy day. I am glad though that they had a wonderful daddy daughter day together! Those puppy fish are cute! Luke wants some fish too. after seeing this blog he will want them even more!
They seriously need to make that road bigger!!
Rex and Rex! I love it Kaiya!
haha --what we get for living up in the country. but i am content with the one highway (except, of course, when there's an emergency or situations like that). i, too, was stranded, in kahuku. i hung out at my moms til the traffic cleared, after 8pm. too bad there weren't any back roads to get through. cool, two rex's. i bet she just loves them!
how cute, she loves her little puppy fish so much!
That reminds me of the first time we hung out together when my friend Allison was visiting and we got stuck right by Kaya's for so long and Chad went and got us ice cream bars. Good times. Although I will say that I don't miss those traffic problems one single bit.
Maybe she was trying to say guppies...what a cutie! I like puppyfishes though!
SHoot I can'tstay off the computer...I am a total addict!
kai is so cute! i can just see her insisting that they're puppies...
and way to go chad! i think i'll start trying out the m&m run.
sad accident, though. so crazy to think that really happened and those people are someone's family.
returning, love the Rex and Rex. that way she doesn't have to tell them apart.
Haha! She tried feeding her vitamins to the fish, that is one smart girl. Yes, we are moving to Hawaii the end of December. Aaron's job from home is going to let him work from Hawaii. He's pretty set on living there for the rest of our lives, so ready or not here we come!
HI Melissa,
Now that was an adventure! Liliana and I were stuck the opposite way going towards Kaaawa. We were parked for 4 hours...Liliana thought it was a party.
We miss seeing you and Kaiya. Are you still in the program?
Take care and have fun! I know you will....I love the part about the "Puppy-Fish"too.
p.s...Dad did Awesome!
Aloha,
trisha
Kaiya! You are so cute! I love your puppy-fish. We need to get Adi and Ella some puppy fish other wise my sister might give Adi the baby pig she wants and Taylor might give the girls the puppy they want. Fish are great!
Daddy Daughter dates are the best... For all involved. It's so great to have the alone time for your self too!
We miss TVA so much... Mary and I were talking about it yesterday! We miss walking outside and having YOUR beautiful faces smiling at us. I miss the TVA mamas!!!
Post a Comment