Thursday, November 20, 2008

the very hungry caterpillars

Have you ever read the children's book The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle? You know how the caterpillar eats A LOT of food in that book?...it is true! One of the caterpillars even fell asleep (if that's what you call it) one night with a piece of leaf in his insect mitts, and his mouth on it, hanging upside down. It was actually kinda cute. It reminded me of that cute, chubby, caterpillar on Bug's Life.

here are our lovely caterpillars:

crazy girl hugging the caterpillars

and here they are living it up cacoon style:




and here is our very beautiful butterfly (this is the second one we released):


7 comments:

Stephanie said...

wow- that is so cool! what a good little science lesson for kaiya too!

The Waldon Family said...

I love it! You are so good at being a mom; it's really inspiring to go to your blog and watch you teach your children and make them darling cute clothes among the hundreds of other cool things you do. Thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

that is sooo awesome! you always have such fun ideas for the kids! I love it! great pics too!

.Ang. said...

That is awesome that you did that!!

I was thinking about doing that For Brylie.

lizzie said...

Nice.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is so cool, I want one.

Leah Remillet said...

WOW!! THAT IS SERIOUSLY SO AMAZINGLY AWESOME! I REALLY WISH I COULD DO THIS WITH THE GIRLS!
You are such an awesome mama!