Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I gasped when I saw this picture


I love the thought of traveling, It's always been a mild obsession of mine. I say I love the thought of traveling because I can't say I've been too many places out of the US, I've of course been to Mexico (who hasn't?) and I've been to Japan, with Chad's family. I LOVED Japan and I always love Mexico, I love that you get to experience a culture so different than your own and to live (for a short time) how someone else lives.

I always read about different places, I love to look at the National Geographic because of all the different and unique places it features. The thought of traveling to these places just gets me so excited. I get a daily email from away.com that has a picture of a different place everyday. It's my daily dose of excitement.

I've archived almost all of them with the full intent to got to each of them someday. But if I don't get to all of them, I hope to go to some of them.

so today when I checked my email and that picture of Ireland was there, I really did gasp out loud. It's so stunning! I can't imagine what it's like in person, can't wait to find out one of these days.

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

im a little sad when i think of travel since it is not a high priority for thomas- but i did get to do some major traveling right before we got married and i have been to ireland (bought his wedding ring in dublin) and it is DEFINITELY worth the visit!

Erin said...

amen. we want to go there too! my cousins did their mission there, and just recently got back, and sent all kinds of pics and I was sooo jealous of them!

lizzie said...

One of the things Micah and I are always thinking about in the back of our minds is where we would live outside of the US. England is obviously high on the list because they speak a form of "American" there, so we would likely understand each other most of the time. :) Plus it's close to Ireland, which is where I wish I was from.

The Waldon Family said...

That is a beautiful picture!

ashley said...

someday we should have an old lady travel club.

Melissa said...

Steph-- Chad's not to excited about the places I am. He pretty much just wants to live in japan or Korea for a bit and that's the extent of his traveling wishes.

so I say we do start an old lady traveling club! it would be like the red hat ladies. but cooler, of course.

Ashley I totally got all excited to think that you still want to be friends when we're old! :)

yay for the old lady traveling club!

Stephanie said...

let's do it! oh and i replied to your comment on my blog and thought, maybe i should reply here instead so you get it for sure! hope school is good- let me know if shanae or chad need a break and you want me to watch kaiya- her and amby play really well together!

and here is my comment :)

melissa- that's funny since i specifically thought of you when i decided to post this! all your friends know you well :) you should post more about what you are learning about health... like i said, i ate that stuff up!

Anonymous said...

Traveling is way fun!!! Sometimes you just have to do it!! Life is to short my mom always says and go and do!! You only have this one time to do it... you are always welcome to come and stay with us in England and we can drive you any place you want to go and flights here are like $70 for 2 people and that will be going down since the dollar is getting stronger!! We have extended the wishes to your parents and several people but no one really has taken us up on the invitation... so please during the summer come and visit!! We can go to Rome for pennies and Spain for nothing!! Also if you save a lot of your pennies we can even go to Egypt because it is cheap... that will be our next trip I hope!! :) Please think about it!!
Ang!!!

Anonymous said...

Do you know where in Ireland that is a picture of? It is an aerial shot so I can't say I recognise it straight away.

Ger

Chet said...

could you imagine just standing there on the tip of that cliff, wind blowing in your hair...?I am a travel nut too. I cant wait to have enough money to do that!