Tuesday, March 24, 2009

leprechauns and golds of pot

Kaiya loved the Leprechaun song that I sang to her to practice for a lesson I taught at school. So we sang it quite a bit all week, and right before her nap on St. Patrick's Day. She colored in her little leprechaun and made her hat and then right before she was all tucked in she said "I want a gold of pot!" So I said well maybe a little leprechaun will leave his pot of gold for you...but not till after your nap. She was so excited!

When she woke up there was a note from lucky the leprechaun and a trail of shamrocks to a his pot of gold (or so he said). We gathered our neighbors and followed the trail, down the stairs and behind the bushes to his "pot of gold" he tricked us though and just put candy in the pot instead...but i think they liked the candy more.


singing the leprechaun sing:


hunting:
found:


we had fun!

6 comments:

Trevor and Lauren said...

Seriously! How cute is that? You are so creative!!

leslie jo said...

you are soo fun!

The Varo's said...

so cute! what fun activity! i love their little hats.

AJones said...

!st graders are hilarious! I would love to help you out You can check out my school web page and see how I do things I have TONS of ideas and some awesome websites just let me know your subject area. http://www.forsyth.k12.ga.us/73482071310513543/site/default.asp

Jennelle said...

That is so dang cute! I wish I could have helped look for the pot of gold peanut butter cups too! They are my favorite!

What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
Are you sure there were no leprechauns in that group?
It is fun to see that you celebrate St Patrick's Day in Hawaii too.

Ger