Tuesday, April 28, 2009

i love when

I put Kaiya to bed, we turn on her music, I shut the door and start picking up the house and pretty soon she's singing at the top of her lungs, with all the gusto she can muster:
" I am a Child of God and he has sent me here. Has given me an earthly home, with parents kind and dear. Lead me, guide me, walk beside me. Help me find the way. Teach me all that I must do, to live with him someday."

She's singing just for us ( Chad and I).

We've been doing a lot of fun stuff lately. I need new batteries or something for my camera (even though these are new batteries) so I don't have pictures of my own. I am relying on everyone else and their cameras.

We (Kim, Shanae and I and all our kids) went to the beach last week and it was the perfect day. We soaked up the sun and talked while the kids went crazy and had a blast. We walked part of the bike path and then hit up the beach. Our personal photographer Shanae took these pictures:

look how blue



Oh and Kaiya and I stopped going to our "preschool" ( I think it's a great group, just not what kai needs right now), and started doing our own learning time thing. Today we learned more about the letter "a" and we made this (has nothing to do with the letter a, obviously):

but our crab legs were purple because that's way cooler.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

i really like her dress! i am glad you guys hit up keiki beach- that's waht were doin for may beach days. hope it works out for everybody. looks like a lot of fun!

Noelle said...

That crab is awesome! Did you make it with an egg carton?

The Varo's said...

i love it when little kids sing "i am a child of god". she's a sweet little girl.
please stop posting pictures of the ocean, it makes me jealous.
i'm kidding.

no i'm not :)

Tane and Angela said...

i always love your pictures..you've got a great 'personal photographer'. i wish i had one. =) i love her outfit on the swing! i'm assuming you made that one too..very cute!

liko said...

kaiya's so cute! and yes, one of my favorite things about the beach is that my kids can hang out for hours either playing in the water, sand, trees -- it's great! and i think it is awesome to have "mommy school". cute crab, by the way.

Stephanie said...

melissa- are you looking on your little green computer cuz when i look at this post on my iPhone i cant see amby either...

that might be it.

if not, im not sure why it isnt loading. so sorry pal! :)

liko said...

for beach friday, park near beach access 276 c.

Anonymous said...

That is really fun that you are doing your own preschool with her! and , wow, those pictures are so great!

Trevor and Lauren said...

So cute!! Sorry I couldn't come to service club night, I REALLY wanted to, but there was something last minute that I could not get out of :( Next time?