

I am just glad I completed him because he's been hanging around our house for quite a while as a torso with legs, but no arms, tail or head. The scary thing about that is that Kaiya LOVED it and wanted to hold "her baby" and cuddle with it all the time. Creepy, I know.I made cloth baby shoes and a matching onesie likes these,
from the same pattern, but different fabric. I gave them to Chad's sister Katie back in February. I am so sad that I forgot to take a picture before I gave them away, but maybe I can still snap a shot. They were purple-y and flower-y and the onesie had a matching flower on it. The shoes had tiny little purple bows on them too. I felt kinda proud of myself for making the booties, I'm not going to lie. They were fun and not too difficult to make, after figuring everything out.

8 comments:
k, so funny, i was just thinking the other day that i wanted to make a sock monkey.
and those little shoes are so cute, i have always wanted to make some like that too!
i am glad you actually make things while i sit and think about making them!
monkey guy sleeps in his crib and gets cuddled at least twice a day so assure kaiya that he found a very loving home! :) you are seriously so nice to have made that. seriously! :)
and i have been curious about making those cloth baby shoes for a while now- perhaps you can be my mentor and i can make some for this next babe? you are a sewing master in my opinion.
Could I get the patterns from you? Those are so cute!
So cute! I wish I had your talents! (in a non coveting way) ;)
melissa - i love how talented you are! you are so crafty! i really love the monkey and those baby booties. you inspire me.
you are so good with the sewing machine!!!! I love all the projects you come up with!!!
The onesie and shoes are ADORABLE! and I have a HUGE weakeness for Sock monkeys!!!
Love em alL!
So cute. My mom wants to know where you got your fabric for the monkey, and I wanna know where you found the patters for both your monkey and those cute shoes!!
my sister and I were looking for a shoe pattern where did you get yours? so cute!
Post a Comment