Friday, April 10, 2009

a sunny day

We went whale watching with Kali, Shanae and Hillary last week on friday. The girls were excited and we were excited to warm up in the sun, since it's been missing in action lately. First of all I have to point you to Hillary and Shanae's posts cause their pictures are awesome and so much better, sorry people I gots to work on my picture taking skills ( I inserted some of their pictures here too).

aren't these two girls cute?

the captain of the boat:






they were looking through te window and they ket saying I see mermaids, and whales and dolphins. They had to keep themselves entertained one way or the other.



After we got off the boat our buddies headed home and Kaiya and I had a picnic, the sun was shininig! It's been so long since it's been a warm sunny day.

Can you tell where kaiya gets her nose squanching thing from?:


We didn't even bring our bathing suits because it has been so rainy lately, so kaiya swam in her clothes and rolled in the sand:




she chased the birds for a while:


then she finally admitted defeat and walked away. There were so many of them:

Then we went to Old Navy, where kaiya went to the messy, crazy clearance section ( a two year old heaven) and put on a tank top, then she switched it for a yellow one and finally decided upon this blue one:
She was so happy about it. Then she found these amazing boots in a huge mangled mess of panties and tangled jewelry underneath a rack of clothing. They were on her feet before I could put down the shirt I was looking at. She loved these even more.

Then on the way home I took a picture of us while I was driving. That's safe right?

We survived the day with only one minor incident. It was a near death experience but because she held on for dear life to the shopping cart, and I caught it right before the side of it hit the ground, she's managed to just get a raspberry under arm, you can tell where her arm slid down the side of the cart.
I love hanging out with my two year old best bud. She's mucho fun.

10 comments:

ashley said...

how do you take such cute pictures of yourself? oh wait, it's cause your just cute huh?

what a fun day just the girls! kaiya is so lucky to have a fun momma like you.

liko said...

looks like a very fun and busy day in town! and i think your pictures are great!

The Varo's said...

these pictures make me miss hawaii! i love the one of kaiya on the sea wall looking out into the ocean.
kaiya is still the cutie she always was. her poor arm!

The Scotts said...

This looks like so much fun! I really wanted to go Whale watching when I went to Hawaii but I didn't get the chance... I can see why you love hanging out with Kaiya because she is Hilareous! She makes me laugh! Thanks for your comment by the way! Your very sweet. It made me feel alot better! I can't wait to have a simplier life... I don't know if that will really ever happen but I can dream right!

liko said...

hehe, i inherited that dress pattern from my mom, too. it was an unused pattern from 1991. there is this style and another dress with puff sleeves that is a little longer included. it runs from sizes 4-8. but i think you could easily adjust it for a smaller size. if i had tracing paper, i could trace it for you. and that was my first trip to walmart in ages and my first trip there since i started sewing, prior to that i was just making runs to the fabric mart in kaneohe. hehe, everything at walmart was so much cheaper!! but someday i want to go to kaimuki dry goods.

Anonymous said...

oh you guys are so cute. it looks like you had a lot of fun!

Erin said...

what adorable pics those are! and you look gorgeous!

The Emericks said...

How fun! I love your pictures! You are such a great writer too! I miss Hawaii and all of our morning walks!

liko said...

let's make a date to go to kaimuki dry goods then!

Noguera's said...

uh no its not safe to take pictures while driving!!! crazy chica!!! i miss you guys..