Sunday, June 28, 2009

lots of linen

two linen bags, the pattern is from this book, which my grandma bought for me. She's the best.
this one is for me:

this is for my grandma:

my grandma wanted some casual linen pants so i made her these:



every thing I made was linen. I didn't even realize it till later. I also made two linen skirts for myself that I don't have a picture of.

when we got home i made this:

see that skirt on the floor? I made that one a while back and she wears it all the time, so i needed to make another one to switch it up a bit. She saw it and loved it. That does not always happen!
the first time she wore this she messed up the embroidery on it, so I had to put this stuff on it. I bought it a while ago and it works great! I am going to use it every time I embroider now.

then i had to try this one out too. I also made an itty bitty version for a friends baby shower.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are my hero!!! I want to sew again someday and all of this makes me so very excited! Seriously amazing.

ashley said...

love the bag! super cute! and great job on all the clothes!

Susan said...

And I LOVE the itty bitty version of the dress - it is so cute! Thanks so much :)

.Ang. said...

I love the fabric you used for your bag (and the bag itself ) and the clothes are awesome!! I'm not sure I'll ever really trust myself to make something for people to actually wear. You are awesome!

liko said...

nice!!! and linen is the best!!! it only gets softer every time you wash it!! you are a master seamstress, chica! and lotta's book is the first sewing one i ever bought and i have yet to make something from it!
oh, and what is that stuff you use behind your embroidery? i would really love to know...

star said...

Wow! You are amazing! I wish you could give me lessons!

Noelle said...

Oh my gosh!! You are amazing! I love the pants and skirt and bags and Dress! I love it all!

RuSty and LaLa said...

Dang girl...when do you find time to do all of this? You ready for student teaching to start up? Let me know if you need anything?

dangeruseire said...

Kevin has a new career now........ as a model! Go strut your stuff Kev.

Ger