Friday, August 21, 2009

SERVICE for SATURDAY!!!

so yeah i kinda took a hiatus with the whole service thing. I don't see it coming back full force until December when I am done with student teaching. There just aren't enough hours in the day!

But...

My little brother took all the puppets we made to the humanitarian service offices in SLC. He said that the woman told him, that she wanted us to know, that the puppets are going to an orphanage somewhere. That made me happy and I know it will make you happy too!

Also...

If you're like me than you have a lot of toys and clothes that your children don't use too often, but that still make a big mess in your house. We usually donate stuff to the freebie bin, but I always hesitate putting really nice things in there that are in great condition, because it often gets trashed. So when I saw a flier that they are donating stuff to give to children in a homeless shelter I got excited! It's the perfect solution!

so here are the details:
Saturday August 22, all day long.
Where: by the TVA office

I had Kaiya gather some toys she felt she didn't need. I told her that there are kids who don't have a home and they don't have any toys, or clothes. She was happy to gather stuff for them and kept saying the kids, ( what are they're names?) they can have this and this. She was more generous than I thought she would be, and that made me happy too.

So if you have extra, nice, stuff that you don't use too often, drop it off on Saturday at the TVA front office. I think there will be a few children in Honolulu that will thank you.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

wonderful wonderful idea! i am gonna look around today! thanks :)

liko said...

okay, i have this huge pile of toys and clothes that has been sitting in the corner of my kids' room for weeks on end, thank you.

Matti said...

Perfect! We have been wanting to go through Eden's stuff for a long time. Thanks!