I love this Mormon message! I love the random sampling of New Yorkers and their responses, I also love the uplifting words by Dallin H. Oaks and the sweet message it brings.
I love that we have been commanded of God to be thankful for all the things we have been given (everything).Notice that when people talk about the things that they truly are thankful for, their eyes light up. Not when they are being sarcastic or silly, but when they are being thoughtful and honest. It makes us happy to be thankful, I love that!
There is always something to be grateful for, and this message couldn't have come at a better time for me. I had a really ungrateful month last month, I thought I didn't have much to be grateful for. And you know what? It was one of the hardest months of my life. If I had had gratitude in my heart and shown gratitude by my actions then I think that challenging month would have been better, easier for me to deal with. I could have been much happier despite my circumstances, If I had chosen to be more grateful, it's always my choice.
Being full of gratitude is not just a feeling but it is action, it is doing.
Who am I grateful to? Heavenly Father. For what? Everything I am, everything I have, everything which he has given to me. How will I show it? I will help those in need, I will follow his commandments with all of my heart, I will SHOW him that I am grateful to him.
I am making this my new motto in life, I think.
This little clip is great, I love it! I think you will too:
What are you thankful for?
9 comments:
oh, melissa. my eyes are welling up and my throat is tightening. thank you.
Hey Melissa,
I haven't had a chance to watch the video yet. But I am sorry you had such a challenging month. But I am glad that your spirits have been listed again. I'm still waiting for my phone call to come help with that portfolio. I'm bored...and I'd love to help you finish it up. Even if it was coming to take Kaiya for a bit so you can work on it. Just give me a call.
wow, just watched it. And like Liko, my eyes are welling up. Thanks for this this morning Melissa. What a beatiful way to start my day.
that was a great great start to my day! i am thankful for that! (and YOU!)
and if you ever need anything (and i mean anything), you can call me. i can always try to help.
i do hope that things are getting better.
just like liko, my eyes are watering up and my throat is tightening too. thank you for sharing.
I heart New Yorkers. And New York. My favorite was the subway guy. I totally relate.
And thanks for this Melissa. I can see what you mean about a thankful attitude changing everything. I have remembered this post many times in the past few days as things around here haven't gone exactly as we have planned and it has been a little bit difficult. I am just thankful that it has gone so well and remember that it could be worse. :)
Thanks so much.
sorry to hear about the rough month! hope things are all good now! my dad emailed me that video- i have not looked at blogs for so long!- and it's the best, totally cried.
i am thankful i get to see you again soon!
yesyes- one job is one job to many for me right now so i'll just take this one :) it was fun to surprise see you for a sec today. let's get together!
Post a Comment