Friday, February 19, 2010

colorful crib painting

This is the crib we have yet to paint. I've been holding off because I haven't been able to put my finger on exactly what color/colors I wanted or how I wanted to paint it, but I knew I hadn't found the right color yet. I've been searching for "colorful painted cribs" on Google and found some cribs that I think are pretty awesome, and they gave me some good ideas:



so I am thinking we will paint the gold knobs on the corners four different shades and colors of blues and greens (one for each corner knob, and all in shades of blue and green per chads request), the base and crib holder all a pale blue or a green color, not sure yet. The side dowels I am thinking I will paint them the four alternating colors of the knobs on the corners. Does that make sense? Am I a crazy person, or will it be cute?

what do you think?

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

i looooove this idea! wish i would have thought of it! and especially in blues and greens! magic.

.Ang. said...

DO IT!!!!!!!

If you don't like how it turns out, you can always paint it again!!

But i think it sounds like a great idea!

Susan said...

EVERYTHING you create is cute! This is such a good idea - you should do it!! :)

liko said...

i'm sure whatever you decide, it will turn out super-cute!!!

Jennelle said...

I think soooo cute! I can't wait to see how it turns out. I love refinishing things because you get it how you want it...you couldn't buy it in the store that way. Great idea!

stef j. said...

i LOVE it!!! and then all the decor (bedding, throws, etc.) could be neutrals, or whatever, because the crib is so colorful. i LOVE white bedding, blankets etc. because then you can bleach out the misc. body fluid stains.

dangerus said...

What a great idea Melissa.

You could mix your own colors so you get the exact shade you want.

Looking forward to photos of the finished crib

Ger

Tane and Angela said...

wow! really cute! and to make it even better it will definitly let time pass by faster with so much to paint! good luck! don't inhale too much paint now! hehe

Erin said...

what a fabulous crib! i soo love it! you did a great job!

ashley said...

do it! do it! do it! i can't wait to see it. and if you need help, i am always in for a fun paint project :)

echo said...

love the colors!!
and that is a really cool crib too.

Anonymous said...

Just don't leave the cat in the crib ! They steal babies' breath away when they sleep ! And leave itchy hairs all over
Love,
Uncle