Once upon a time there was a little girl named Kaiya, who went shopping with her mom to get some new shirts. Her mother was sick and tired of wearing shirts that barely covered her rather large (and growing) abdomen, so she decided to hit up the half off of clearance women's sale at Old Navy.
While her mother was searching through the racks and racks of clothing, that were marked at the low, low price of 2.50-5.00 dollars each, little kaiya decided to dress herself up a bit.
She asked her mother to tie a beautiful pink scarf around her waist, then begged her not to look at her until she was done putting stuff on, so that she could "surprise" her. Her mother snapped a quick picture in the process and Kaiya was not too happy about that because she promised not to look until Kaiya gave the ok.
After her mother had selected a mountain full of shirts to try on, the pair stopped at the little girls section to look around. Instantly something pink, stretchy and quite fluffy caught Kaiya's eye. She just HAD to try it on. Mom agreed because she knew it would keep her happy for a while as she tried all her clothes on. So Kaiya happily followed her mother into the dressing room with a pink tutu bathing suit in tow.
As mom tried on shirt(and dress) after shirt, kaiya busily danced and twirled in front of the mirror as if she were putting on a ballet recital for all to see.
She plie' ed with the the grace of a swan:
She even invented some of her own ballet moves:
Nothing had ever made her more happy.
After her mother was all finished, the little ballerina took her beloved pink tutu bathing suit, put it back on the hanger and handed it over (without any complaining) to the store employee.
Mother and daughter both left the store as happy as could be. (I scored six super duper cheap and cute shirts for a total of 20 bucks and Kaiya got to dance her heart out, in front of a mirror no less).
12 comments:
ah! im glad this story had a happy ending, but i was kinda hoping it would involve the purchase of said bathing suit- too cute!
kaiya is gorgeous. what are you gonna do about that when she's 16 hmmmm?
cute cute pictures and glad you got some good loot!
word verification: ambruso
i love ambruso and asher-uso.
no fight for that one? that is amazing! perfect trip to the good old old navy. i am not allowed to go in there these days. way too much cute stuff, way way way too many little girls clothes at home.
i want to see your quilt.
Sweet little ballerina we love you! Thanks Moo for sharing it's like being there.See you soon big baboons
hahaha! kaiya, you are soooo adorable! I went to check out our maternity section at old navy (because literally nothing fits me anymore!) and they had 2 small racks of ugly pants, and a shelf of shirts all the same. humph. this is UTAH, right?!
Hahah! SO cute! What a great idea. Shopping with Eden is sometimes a struggle. I guess I should just let her play. looks like it worked like a charm for you. I love learning from your mommy ways. Kaiya is too cute! I'm glad you got some nice shirts. I wonder if the sale is still happening? I need some new shirts and have an old navy card burning a hole in my pocket. But, want to make the most of the $20 on it.
I like that story! Especially the happy ending!
I'm pretty sure that Girl is BEGGING to be put in Ballet! She's a natural!
She is so beautiful! In that bathing suit she kinda reminds me of Darla from The Little Rascals! -ADorable!
Ok thats what nana is for!!, is it still available, I will check on line and send., I also finished Noahs blanket, and Emma finish her tea cup, unfortunately they no longer have that same kind of cup, but this new one has a little plate.
How cute is she! Those pictures are so cute!
oh nana you are too nice!
Can't wait to see the blanket you made for the baby, I know it is ADORABLE!
i am happy this story had such a wonderful ending. great job kaiya!!
cha-ching!! score!! awesome!
and if only i were as confident as miss kaiya in front of a dressing room mirror!!!
what a cute little ballerina!
Post a Comment