Wednesday, October 20, 2010

so random and rambly and waaay too revealing

i have 400 pictures that I just uploaded, my memory card was full, so I had to do it. Otherwise, I'd be happily snapping away still, until who knows when...the end of time? I have so much to blog about.
I have pictures on here from sept 18th, a month ago and my, Noah has changed a lot since then. I have too actually. I lost ten pounds, which is always exciting (i've done that four and a half times already since having him--too much information?) I get tooo fat when i'm preggo, you probably already knew that. I should be done with this weight losing stuff already (no sugar next time for sure!) I am not done yet, but it is almost gone (5 pounds more) and not too slowly i guess (4 months) it could have taken longer. I mean that is A LOT of weight to lose, I am glad it comes off fast for what it is. ALSO I died my hair darker and have new bangs and long hair. It's fun to have new hair.

ANYWAYS......
I think i will finally take some time to make a blog post, even if it is 3:29 AM and I am getting up at 6 AM, its the only time I can make time these days!

Tomorrow we are leaving on a roadtrip! Kaiya, Noah, my mom and I. Her first one ever, that is, one that is longer than the hour and a little bit it takes to get from Laie to Ko'Olina! exciting i know!
11 hours from SLC to SD cannot wait to see the ocean and kaiya is dying to go to the beach again. She really misses it. She also misses her "hawaii friends", she prayed a couple of nights ago that she would stop missing her friends in Hawaii. poor thing.

ANYWAYS....(I can go on and on)

Did I mention that I actually think i might be taking a liking to this here city, Salt Lake City that is. I love the city no matter where I am and this one happens to be no exception. It's clean and beautiful and fun, with lots to do. ( liberty park, libraries, gawking at all the old beautiful buildings, tons of FABRIC STORES!!!, cool antique shops, we love sugarhouse too, and finally living close to family)

liberty park

I love that we have a bunch public libraries within a few miles, and i can check out up to 100 (yes ONE HUNDRED) items at a time for up to 28 days! AND everything is FREE! (This is so much more exciting to me than the 5 children's books I was able to check out at the BYUH library). They have kids movies, adult movies and a gazillion books of every shape, size color and topic (they dont discriminate).
Check out this cool library:

it's called the Main SLC library. See? Cool.

Anywaysssssss......
my kids are the coolest

Noah is as sweet and smiley as can be, as my Dad put it, it's like he's giving you a hug with his eyes when he smiles at you.









Kaiya is a spunky little girl who knows what she wants and is willing to negotiate just about anything. It's a good thing that she can speak her mind (although sometimes I wish she did it a little bit more quietly). She is a force to be reckoned with! But she is fun, silly and loveable!


polka dot cardi, heart patterned dress and black stripe leggings. Awesome I know

Eating a Popsicle,wearing a hat, watching tinker bell

listening to conference in a box:


pirates story time:
see they're cute.
the end for now, so much more to come....

6 comments:

Matti said...

What a fun post. 45 lbs already? You are amaaaaazing. What is your secret!? It always takes me 9 months. That is awesome. So, where is the pic of your cute new hair? I can't believe how big Noah is. You make Utah sound so fun...maybe I wouldn't mind moving back someday. ;-)

Stephanie said...

I'm so impressed with all of this! THe weight loss- the libraries- the fact that your children look so much alike and so much like Chad! Cute all around. So, yeah, where is the picture of your new hair. I'm dying to see! Ahhh, this post was great to read. Such a satisfying update, but it sure didn't help the fact that I am def not enjoying Hawaii much these days. Maybe we'll join you someday....

Susan said...

Aw, I love this post! It really makes me miss you guys, but I'm glad you're liking SLC. You have some CUTE kids!

Melissa said...

matti- yes i'm glad its coming off, but if i had gained the right amount then it would have been off already!!! I hate that! but at least its almost gone. oh well--its totally worth it.
Steph- i would love you to move out this way;). I will admit that I love the change of seasons and the colder weather, that way I can wear shoes and jeans and sweaters every once in a while.
susan--miss you guys! :)

betsy said...

this makes me miss you :(

noah is getting so big!

kaiya is totally kaiya.

i'm so happy for you and your hair and fab bod.

don't forget pr finale this week!

can't wait to see you january.

Shanae said...

I want to see a picture of your cute hair too!!!! I love that library, I have been there and LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
I am glad you are enjoying SLC! Hopefully we will be able to visit again soon, after the new year!!!