Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sugar Kisses

Today I was walking home from the store pushing Kaiya in her stroller. We were rounding the corner to come home and a little poly girl, probably about five or six, rides past on her bike. This is the conversation that follows:

Girl: "Hey, can I see your baby? " (right as she passes me)
Me: "Uh, sure" (taken by surprise as she is already past me)
Girl: "Oh, so cute! Can I kiss your baby?'
Me: "Sure"

She proceeds to gently hold Kaiya's head still and looks for a place to kiss her. She tries the lips but she can't seem to keep Kaiya's head still enough to get them, so she just kisses her between the lips and chin. Kaiya looks at her like who the heck are you, and why are you kissing me.

Girl: "Can you get her out?"
Me: "Yeah, sure for a minute"
Girl: "Oh she's so pretty can I kiss her again?
Me: "Sure"
She kisses her cheek this time.
As she is still sitting on her bike she asks,
"Can I hold her?"
Me: "hmmm, I don't think so"
Girl: "Are you sure I can't hold her?'
Me: "If you get off your bike your can hold her for a second, but you have to be careful cuase she's really heavy."
Girl: "Okay"
She hops of her bike, holds out her arms and I let her hold Kaiya (well mostly, I'm holding under Kaiya's arm). Literally right after I give her Kaiya she beckons for me to grab her back. I think she was too heavy for her, although she was a pretty big little girl, Kiaya probably weighed a third of her weight. So I grab Kaiya and start strapping her in the stroller.

Girl: "Can I say bye to her?"
Me: "Yep"
Girl: "Bye baby!" (and she gives her another kiss)

I notice as I bend down to give Kiaya her toy that she has little sugar granules all over her face. :)


No comments: