Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Flyin' Solo: Day 1, Tuesday

Yep, that's right. I'm flyin' solo--and I am missing my Family like crazy.

I figured that while Melissa and Kaiya were away, I could make a daily log of what happened here in Hawaii; so, it goes without saying, most of these daily logs will be for Melissa and Kaiya to read and respond to, but if you want to read, I can't really stop you. *grin*

Anyway, today. Basically, I wandered around like a turkey without a head after dropping Melissa and Kaiya off at the airport--I knew that I needed to distract myself, and quickly, or I would feel depressed and end up making myself miserable. So, off to BestBuy I went.

I wandered around BestBuy (I did have a return to do, but I forgot it at home) for an hour or so, and tried to decide what to do next. My first thought was that I should hit Costco for some "instant" meals for while Melissa was out of town, but I decided against it; while Melissa is out of town, I'm going to make myself something healthly and fresh everday.

So, I hopped back into the car and headed to Laie. Unfortunately, Coral (our Corolla) decided that she had done enough driving for the day and started overheating as I headed down into Kaneohe. I parked at the Kaneohe mall and decided to grab lunch at Panda Express--they have this new Spicy Garlic Chicken entree there, it was delicious. I headed over to Border's after I was done eating, to kill some more time. I read a few chapters in a couple interesting books: the first was about getting rich by using "the secret," and the second was about our intuitions. Both were very interesting reads.

I decided that Coral should be ready to travel again, and headed out to the car. I noticed as I got close that the license plate lights were dimly glowing and a feeling of "uh, oh" sunk in. Sure enough, I had forgotten to turn the lights off after coming through the Likelike tunnel. I pondered for a few moments on what to do, and then remembered that our auto mechanic's shop is just a few blocks away and hoofed it over there; luckily, Larry (our mechanic) was just leaving. He grabbed his battery jumper and we drove back to the mall in his van--Coral turned over on the first crank.

I was finally back on the road to Laie again, just in time to hit the traffic--I actually chuckled. After I got home, I cracked open the new scriptures that Melissa got me as an early birthday present (I really wanted a new pair and couldn't justify the cost) and broke them in. The Grandpa-size scriptures are really nice to read from--my eyes are letting me know that I am getting older, I guess. After that, I debated on whether I should head to the library to do some assigned reading, go running, or watch a movie. Can you guess what I did?

Yep, you guessed it. I watched a movie--at least the movie is related to the English class I am taking, and covers a lot of the in-class discussions we've had. All that brings me to where I am now: showered, lonely, tired, and posting in our blog. I sure do miss you guys--I went to lie down, but being alone in our bed made me so sad that I had to get up (which is how I ended up posting here).

Alright, well, I guess that's it for today. I've got a few more things that I'm going to try to get done around the house and with the car that we've been meaning to do, but I'm afraid that I will be out of things to do really quickly. Maybe I can find a good novel... *hint, hint*

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like fun! I laughed when you forgot to turn off the lights. All I could think of was: how typical!:)
Love you lots and miss you too. But don't be so sad already cause I still got three more weeks! Try to think happy thoughts!:)

xxxooo

Anonymous said...

haha!

lizzie said...

Sounds like a full day to me, but not one I'd want to repeat too often.

I think you'd like The Ender Series but you've probably read those already. I'll keep thinking about it. :)

Unknown said...

I've got a novel you can read. It's called Quit Being Such a Girl. Also I think you should suprise Melissa with that new monitor you've been looking at. I'm sure she would approve. I know I would.