Thursday, May 17, 2007

Flyin' Solo: Day 2, Wednesday

Yep, here I am again. Another day gone, another blog post to make.

Today was rather uneventful, unlike yesterday. I woke up, cleaned up, and ran to the library to do my required reading before English class (remember, I decided to watch a movie instead of do my homework?). I wrapped up my reading quickly, early enough to sit and enjoy the morning sunshine on the bench right outside of my class.

English class was great; I always feel enlightened (or at least confused) after that class. As we talked about food in the class, for some reason I remembered Ho-Duck (which is basically a very tasty Korean pancake) and talked with Yoomin--a Korean student who sits at my table--about it; we both ended up missing Korea. After English class, I tried to find Katie (who seems to be able to disappear into thin air at will), and then headed home to grab something to eat for breakfast and prepare for work.

One of my favorite meetings that our team has was canceled because of the preparations for the move to the new Salt Lake City office, so it was a pretty uneventful day at work. However, I did learn how to create and move iTunes libraries without actually moving the music files themselves--we needed to be able to do this because our CEO's music libraries kept getting corrupted whenever he disconnected and reconnected to the office network. Tomorrow, I plan on completing my daily tasks, then working on getting MS SQL server setup on my machine, create a database on the server, and figure out how to use C# to access and write to it. Fun stuff, eh?

Oh, and thank heavens for the internet--I got the chance to video conference with Melissa and Kaiya via Skype. Kaiya was absolutely entranced by my face on the monitor--until she fell asleep, that is! I like to think that it's because she missed me and could hear my voice, but it's probably just because she missed her nap. *lol*

Anyway, I miss you, Melissa. You and Kaiya are truly the most important part of my life--now that you're gone, I feel so sadly empty. You two fill up my heart. I'm so glad that we were blessed with the Gospel and are an eternal family--considering how difficult is to be away from you for three weeks, how the heck could I take it for eternity?! Love you.


To our friends, Micah and Liz: Thanks for the comments. I'm just reading "Getting Things Done" right now, but I really would enjoy something a little more entertaining. "Ender's Game" was great, it's too bad that Orson Card hasn't written anything else as good as that book. Thanks for caring, and the help!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Ha ha! Kaiya woke up today at 5:20 hawaii time! This girl will not sleep, I guess there is just too much fun going on around her that she doesn't want to miss.
Love ya, have a great day!