Friday, September 14, 2007

Ant Attack

My night usually goes something like this:
I make dinner, we eat dinner and then I put Kaiya to bed (which can take up to an hour--occasionally longer).
Two nights ago, I made a fancy pants dinner and used more pots and pans then I normally do-- which means, of course, that there were more dishes to be done. I always do dishes the next morning because I don't want to wake Kaiya up.

When we woke up the next morning our kitchen looked something like this:


Although our ants are smaller and much cuter--I must admit. They're so industrious too. They were in the sink gathering up what food they could find, when I turned on the water to start washing dishes they immediately started marching back to their hole. Which I found out was between the sink and the counter--a tiny little hole. They had small bits of food that they couldn't fit into this tiny little hole, no matter how many different ways they tried, so they had to leave the food behind. I didn't have the heart to kill them after Kaiya and I had watched them for 10 minutes. She was fascinated by them too.

1 comment:

lizzie said...

This is what I especially don't miss about Hawaii. I hated waking up to find ants taking over the sink, even when there weren't any dishes in there. It just gave me the creeps.

You are a better person than I. I would have sprayed them dead so quickly.