At a flea market in Japan I was able to purchase post cards of original paintings, for a dollar each. I got six of them and have gotten frames and mats for all of them. Now I'm deciding how to hang them on our walls. I'll post a picture when I have. I mostly just picked pictures that I liked, and have to admit that I didn't really know that much about them. When I came home and went to Pictures Plus, the person who helped me pick out mats and frames told me a story about the picture and how it was famous from a famous artist. He knows he got his degree in history. Then when I was watching the show Little Einsteins with Kaiya I learned even more about it--Little Einsteins really does teach a lot about art and music. It's even educational for people older than two. Anyway here's a link, and here's another. Maybe you can learn a thing or two about it as well. Unless you already know, which you probably do.I also have his print of Mount Fuji in Clear Weather, and I really like them both.
1 comment:
Chad's second cousin Yumi, took us allover the place while we were in Japan. She just emailed us and said that we had been to this place where the artist was when we made the picture. Hi Yumi, we can't wait to see you in December!
Post a Comment