Monday, November 19, 2007

A day of making things

I like to make things, especially lately. Mostly because it gives me something to do besides watch TV or blog surf while Kaiya is asleep. Here is some stuff I did Saturday night:
I made Kaiya this sock monkey, out of the ONLY pair of long socks I had. They've only been worn once for a couple of hours, so don't worry (plus I washed them). It's kinda fitting that they're Christmas socks, since it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (okay not in hawaii, but everywhere else).
This is when I introduced her to the Sock Monkey.
And this is a whole wheat, low fat vegan cake (with fatty, non-vegan, delicious frosting--I used the frosting on the website.)
I think it turned out pretty tasty.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

i love that monkey and i sincerely hope you saved some cake for me. if not, there is always subway and their delightful cookies.

lizzie said...

You're so crafty these days. I think that cake looks great, although I'm skeptical about this "whole wheat, low fat vegan" thing turning out to be tasty. :) And who doesn't love sock monkey? I'm so impressed.

echo said...

i love the sock monkey. i have been wanting to make one of those. you will have to show be how one of these days.

Melissa said...

Stephanie--Yes of course I saved cake for you! I wish it wasn't raining or we'd come bring you some right now.

Lizzie--Although hard to believe by the name, it actually is good because instead of oil and butter and stuff it uses apple sauce-- which makes it really moist. In my opinion the tasty/healthy desserts are the best kinds. You'll have to try it, i think you'll like it!:)

Echo--anytime, I'd love to show you how, It's actaully quite easy. Also the link on the post is a really good tutorial. It shows step-by-step instructions and pics!

lizzie said...

I'll have to give it a try sometime. The word "vegan" always scares me a little. :)