Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I love you mangoes and sticky rice

I was very skeptical at first when Chad said, "trust me, you'll love it." I hated coconut anything and at that time my opinion about dessert was that if it didn't have chocolate in it, it was a waste of my time and calories. Well-- I did trust him, and am I ever so glad I did. There's something about this concoction of warm coconut milk atop a bed of jasmine sticky rice, with pieces of mango (not sliced like in the picture-- more like chunks) on top. Hmmm, the flavors meld together perfectly, this dessert is warm and comforting, but also light and refreshing. It's something you've gotta try if you haven't before, and if you have, well you should try it again and again. I know I will--in fact I'm gonna go make some right now.
Here's the recipe I like. It's so easy and you don't need a Thai rice steamer to make it--which is a good thing. Hmmmm goooood--you know you want to try it.

4 comments:

echo said...

yum yum, i love mangoes and sticky rice. i have a training schedule all mapped out for me from this year but since i coudn't use it i will probably just use it next year. so if you want to do that or if you have a schedule that you like better we can use yours. i am not sure that i wil be getting a jogger any time soon. i have to convince marc that it is worth the cost first. i am pushing for that as my christmas present though so cross your fingers.

Anonymous said...

Mango and Sticky Rice is one of our favourite desserts too.....



Uncle and Ger

Stephanie said...

i had this at an enrichment night a couple of years ago and loved it and i've ordered it at haleiwa eats a bunch of times, but always thought that i couldnt ever make it at home since i dont have the right rice cooker- thanks for the recipe! hooray!

Melissa said...

It's not exactly the same without the Thai rice steamer, but it's still insanely delicious! It's better than not having it at all--thats for sure!