
I haven't been running on a regular basis for weeks.

here are the reasons why:
1) my jogging stroller wheel got a huge thumb tack in it, we fixed it and I thought it was fine so I took it out for a run. It turns out that the spokes were all whacked out so as I started running it shook like we were in the middle of an earthquake or some other natural disaster. I thought that Kaiya was going to get shaken baby syndrome, especially since we were on a dirt road. Chad said I probably shouldn't run on the wheels like that so, I didn't.
2) While we were waiting to get the proper equipment to get the spokes fixed I acquired a bladder infection. I was so sick, it was the achy shivery flu type of sick, with other unmentionable symptoms, that I don't wish upon anyone. I had that for a couple of days and finally decided to go to the doctor, he gave me antibiotics and I felt better soon after I started taking them. Since we had fixed my spokes I was able to run for a couple of days before
3) Chad and Kaiya got a cold/cough and passed it on to me. They were sick considerably longer than I was. So I caught it at the tale end, although we each still have some sign of it. Kaiya's had a slimy, runny nose that won't quit. I felt too sick to run and I couldn't breath so running really was out of the picture. Then two days ago I thought to myself, "I feel much better, I'm going running in the morning." Ha!
4) I went to bed early because Kaiya has been getting up before the sun. It was about 8:30. I rolled around in bed not knowing why I couldn't sleep or why I was so cold. Then I got up and chad covered me with like eight towels, cause we don't use blankets normally, and made me hot chocolate. I went back to bed and still couldn't sleep and of course, Kaiya woke up at 4:30. So I didn't really get any sleep that night (although chad did stay up with her for an hour or so- since I was sick). The next day (yesterday) I had the same achy, shivery flu-like symptoms I had when I was sick before, only this time way worse. I couldn't even stand because my feet were so achy. It took all I had to sit up and watch Kaiya. I had other symptoms that I'm not going to mention here, but we looked it up on line and it seemed like mastitis, which I don't want to discuss any further on my blog. you can look it up on wikipedia if you feel the urge. I went to the doctor and they confirmed our suspicions, the nurse was surprised by how high my pulse was and said that meant I was pretty sick. They gave me a shot in the behind and an antibiotic prescription. Then we came home and I went straight to bed and brought the little monster with me. So we both slept from 5-5. I got up a couple of times, but am feeling much better. Not good enough to leave my house but much better.
My jogging stroller is locked to the guardrail of our front porch and is very lonely. Everyday it begs me to take it for a run. Hopefully in a couple of days I can unlock my precious stroller, take it for a run and get some exercise. Not to mention leave the house and not be a recluse anymore.

7 comments:
I'm so very sorry! I hope you feel better soon. I can totally relate to wanting to get out there and run. It definitely helps me cope with stress and stay sane, especially when I've been cooped up with Simon for a long time. And I so hope your mastitis clears up. I have heard it is so so so painful. I've had a little trouble with a partially clogged milk duct and I thought that was bad, but I'm sure it is nothing compared to what you are going through.
I really hope you get better soon.
Talk about a tough time! I am so sorry that you have been so sick. I really hope you are feeling much better soon!
poor thing! i want to come over and help you. do you want some soup or something? or maybe some chocolate chip cookies?
seriously--your so nice Echo! Everytime I read your comments, in my head I say "she's so sweet"!
I definitely am feeling much better. i even walked to the store last night. I just have to say that modern medicine is the bomb. Antibiotics saved me from at least a week of being sick.
and the rest of you are very sweet too. Thanks for all your well wishes.
oh my goodness- i get behind in the blogging world and look what happens- i totally missed this! my poor new friend- i saw you in foodland and everything and had no idea! so sorry! glad you are feeling better though. let me know next time you are out like this and i can run kiaya around the tva playground while you get some rest!
OH MY DARLIN! How are you now?!?! That's horrible! Is there anything I can do for you? ... Sick is NO fun.... please! let me know these things! So we can help/ be of service!!!
I'm leaving tonight for utah... have a MERRY CHRISTMAS call me anytime!
Post a Comment