Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Makapuku point lighthouse

We put this blanket over Kaiya to keep her out of the sun and she thought it was the coolest fort ever and wouldn't take it off, good thing--it was HOT
the top

this is where you go to see the actual lighthouse and chad was determined to get to it, even though it said no trespassing
(oh yeah, did we mention we're having a second child?)
he hiked down and around the razored bobbed wire, which obviously isn't that good of a deterrent and got a little closer to the light house.
but there was another fence keeping him away so he turned around.

so that was our trip to the lighthouse. I've been dying to hike it since i went to the lookout about two years ago, and finally "convinced" chad to go. We also drove past the blow hole on diamond head. it was pretty cool and we had lots of fun.

9 comments:

lizzie said...

You two are crazy. Congratulations. How far along are you?

Chad said...

Eek.

Sorry guys! It seems like everyone is misunderstanding Melissa's joke about my fat belly.

We still aren't pregnant, and don't plan to be anytime soon! Sorry...

Oh, as a P.S. to Micah, I just finished FF12 finally... *grin*

ashley said...

wait- what?!? #2? really?1? exctiting! congrats!!!!!!!

Melissa said...

hahaha!! seriously--look at the picture of Chad. he's sticking out his belly and holding it like he's pregnant. thats all I meant really. I'm NOT pregnant! I was kidding that he was pregnant with our second child because of his silly pose.

lizzie said...

Oh, funny. The red type threw me off.

Melissa said...

I was trying to make people wonder a little, but figured the picture kinda explained itself. Chad said you can barely tell what he is doing in the picture though so... sorry. :)

stef j. said...

ha ha !! I fell for it and I even talked to you TODAY about it. Good job.

Stephanie said...

we love this hike! we also went in the heat of the day once and since then decided to go at like 4:30PM and thats a pretty nice time to go for future reference.

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.