I've been dying to start this, and I just need a little motivation. You are my motivation people, Will you join me ? This book has projects in it that you can do at home, a DIY photography class. Anyone care to join me?PROJECT ONE: expose some pictures (exactly as the book says it)
you will need:
- camera (duh)
- pencil and notepad (optional but highly recommended for all projects)
procedure:
Have some variety in the scenes when you shoot. For example, photograph subjects near and far, indoors and outdoors, in the shade and in the sun. Photograph different types of subjects such as a portrait, a landscape and an action scene. Use the setting on your camera by reading the manual to see how and what the settings are used for.
how did YOU do?:
Which pictures did you like the best? why? were some different from what you expected to get? Did some of your camera's operations cause you confusion? it helps to read your instruction manual all the way through or to ask someone who is familiar with YOUR camera.
Assignment:
This is where you help me. Select your favorite picture you took, tell me why it's your favorite and email it to me at mrcrozatgmaildotcom, put project one in the subject line. you have two weeks from today to wow my with your skills and teach me a thing or two. Oh yeah and I will post the pictures I get on my blog, if thats ok with you.
Tips:
- try a different angle (try getting up high and looking down or kneeling and looking up
- get closer to the subject: usually people are too far away
- look at the background, how does your subject relate to it's surroundings? Do you want the subject centered or off to the side to show more of the setting?
- EXPERIMENT with lights and shadows
Can't wait to see what you, and i, come up with. happy shooting.
7 comments:
oh, this sounds like fun! i am totally in...but it probably won't be in your in box for 2 weeks!
cool idea! can't wait to see what people come up with.
sounds like fun!!!
I'm in!!!
WHAT??? I totally want to, I have been looking at getting a nice camera but Aaron keeps telling me he wants me to take classes or something! Now I can, will you be my teacher? :)
Ah!!! I found and LOVE your blog! You can count me in, I am going to buy that book! Amazon? Btw: your pictures are darling already!
Crazy fun!! I'm on it ASAP (which is likely a couple weeks from now).
I'm late, buy I am going to join this picture taking lesson party. I've always wanted to learn how my camera works!
I don't know why it had Jonathon's name. I (Matti) am the one who wrote it. How strange.
Post a Comment