Friday, May 02, 2008

About me...

and perhaps the longest post of all time, I dare you to show me a longer one, go ahead.
I got tagged by Mrs. Jorgensen to list six random things about myself, so here goes:

my beautiful girl
1) People say that when they see their baby for the first time they instantly fall into that crazy mad parent love that we all have for our kids. Of course I loved Kaiya but the immediate feeling I got cannot be described that way. I was oddly indifferent to the fact that I had just given birth to a miracle. How I felt was not at all what I expected, that crazy parent love came a little bit later.
All I could think about when Kaiya was born were the very first words that came out of my mouth : "She looks like a Monkey". I was sure she was not really my child. Everyone was shocked and quiet that I said that. I thought it was kinda funny that she looked like a monkey. The very next thing anyone said was Dr. Shimizu, and she said: " in twenty years of being a Dr. that is the first time I've ever heard anyone say that about their baby."
Why did I think she looked like a monkey? She was covered in fine black baby hair allover her body, her eyebrows were connected to her head with a trail of black hair and her face was smooshed, which included a flat nose.
I mean c'mon look at that picture on the bottom. She's a cute smooshed up monkey baby. (the top picture is right before we left the hospital--I posted it so that you would see that she was actually a very cute girl, she just had monkey-ish features in certain angles.)
And just to clearify: I LOVE LOVE LOVE this little girl so much, even if she looked like a monkey still I would love her the same. I can see her awesome soul shining so bright through those eyes in the top picture. I can see the personality she still has to this day. A smart, observant, strong-willed beauty of a girl all exploding from her little body. She has always been larger than life.
my cute little monkey babe

2) When I believe in something I am very passionate about it. There are certain things that I have to bite my tongue about quite frequently, because others might think my passion is scary and or a little overwhelming and they don't have the same feelings I do. I have strong opinions about things that really matter to me and I'm the type of person who really takes pleasure in expressing myself. Chad and I had a conversation the other day about the silent treatment that some of our friends have said their wives give them when they get in arguments, and Chad said he never experienced that because I HAVE to express myself. And I can't sit and watch injustice happen without putting in my own two cents.

3) I have a little hippie living inside of me. I'm definitely not a tree hugger but I have my moments when I'm way too granola for Chad. I also have had many adventures in a VW van... and so much more evidence points to the fact that there is a hippie living inside me that I can't write it all. I did write too much though, keep reading for evidence or skip on past the bullets.
  • I absolutely hate wasting things, which has been something I've had to relax a little bit on because Chad could care LESS about it. I try hard to recycle and am very glad that we now have a recycling bin by the stake farms for everyone to enjoy--speaking of which do you recycle?
  • I save all living creatures when I can (unless they can hurt me then they're dead). On many occasions I have picked up a slug dying from the bright sun and put it under a bush. I've saved many geckos from near death experiences and cried when I realized that I had almost killed one by closing the louver on it, as it lay their breathing heavily and in an awkward angle. But, don't worry, I saved it and let it live in my bathroom. I'm not so sad about bugs and geckos dying anymore though cause I've realized that if all the geckos lived we'd be overrun. And honestly I'm not a big fan of bugs and creepy crawly things. I just respect them as being creatures that God created.
  • I prefer things the natural way that god created them. Breastfeeding is one of those things that fits into number two and three. I feel like I am one of the few people I know who feels so strongly about breastfeeding. I feel very strongly about it's importance not only nutritionally, but because of the unbelievable bond that forms between you and your child because of it.
  • I absolutely love the outdoors. If I'm grumpy it's most likely because I've been inside too long. As soon as I go outside and play I feel so happy. Today while we we're leaving the beach the water that makes a deep pool (four or five feet) to the right of alligator pond was absolutely still and crystal clear, the sun was setting and the water was so inviting. We walked past all ready to leave. I showed Chad how still the pool had gotten and he agreed that it was beautiful, and we kept walking. I just could not leave until I got back in and enjoyed it one more time. Chad said he was surprised I got back in because I wouldn't have a towel to dry off with and I said, "I had to get in one more time to enjoy the beautiful nature all around us that God created for us." he said, "okay, hippie".
I guess I just respect and love this beautiful place heavenly father made for us and all the things on it. That doesn't really make me a hippie, does it?


4) I'm in love with the Disneyland/world(s). I have so many memories from those places and I honestly and truly feel like it makes the world a little bit more "magical". I grew up going to Disneyland with my family quite often. We'd drive a couple hours north play from opening to close then drive home and crash on the way back. My parents and uncle surprised me when I was four with a trip to Dland. It was the bomb. I did the Walt Disney World "internship" when I was eighteen for a semester and I worked at the Magic Kingdom selling beverages, popcorn and tasty ice cream delights. That job only rocked cause I got free admission to all the parks anytime I wanted. Yeah baby, you know that was awesome.Oh and because I learned lots of stuff the average person doesn't know about Disney.
Chad and I went on our honeymoon, over new year's eve to Disneyland for a week . Also the bomb. I don't have any digital pictures though or a scanner or they'd be up for sure.
last summer when we went to Japan Chad and Kaiya and I rode across japan by our selves in the subways, on our last day there to go to Tokyo Disneyland. We were there for two hours tops and we took lots of pictures and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves before we caught the subway and went to the airport. Kaiya wasn't even one yet but she really liked it's a small world.
I cannot wait to take my fun loving little munch kin when she's older, it will be one of the most exciting days we share together yet.

5) Every single time I shower I have to use a pumice stone (I'm very picky about which kind),on my feet and clean my ears with a Q tip after. I've done this since I was 13. That might be the little OCD I have in me, right there. I'm definitely not a clean freak thats for sure.

6) My nickname is Moo, yes moo. My mom said it sounded like I was "mooing" when I cried as a newborn. So she called me moo and the name stuck. My close friends and family still call me that to this day.

So thats about it. I tag Mara, Stephanie, Echo, Lizzie, Janelle and Aj. But don't feel pressure--it's all up to you ladies.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have to use a pumice stone and q tips too...I guess I'm a little OCD as well. I love that nickname, Moo, that's great! What a great post. It's crazy to see how many things we have in common.

ashley said...

great post! i totally agree with you in the bit of hippie area! and all i want is a vw bus, its the only mommy van i ever want to drive!

see you this afternoon!

stef j. said...

love the hippie van ... i have this little fantasy world where we live in a VW van on the beach and bum our way through lives. then case reminds me that i like to wear clothes, and the fantasy ends.

Noelle said...

That is a great post! What did Chad do when you called Kaiya a monkey? I thought that was hilarious! This was a fun tag! I'm glad you did it.

Jennelle said...

To add to the Granola comment, all I have to say is like wise. It would have been a scary thing if I grew up in the 60's.

Jennelle said...

Oh...and D-land is also probably one of Mine and Brady's favorite places to be too. We had season passes when we were dating and were there at least once a week. Just can't get enough of that place.

Erin said...

im crazy about Qtips too! I have to use one after every shower or else it bugs me for some random reason. James and I use sooo many!

Stephanie said...

oh wow- thanks for the tag- i'll have to get on it even though i have a horrible track record for these things. i must say that i loved reading over these facts! i also feel the urge to go buy a pumice stone- my feet are the worst because of the constant slipper wear-age.