We came to Ko'Olina Kai this weekend to cleanup the house after some vacationers left, Chad's parents are using their house as a vacation rental right now. Let me tell you these people were MESSY! They weren't even here for very long, but it's almost like they just left it messy on purpose. There were food crumbs everywhere allover the floor and table, and the carpet is all spotty. They left the dishes in the sink and there are BIG nasty stains on two different bed sheets and hand prints on the walls. The neighbor two doors down said that the kids took Koren's (mom in law) HANDMADE patio furniture cushions and laid them in the muddy grass and jumped on them. They are muddy now on both sides so you can't even hide it. You cannot even imagine how dirty the bathtub was. I've cleaned a good amount for another vacation rental I used to manage, and this is by far the dirtiest I have ever seen a house left. EWWW it was yucky. But I just threw on some gloves and enjoyed cleaning, cause for some reason I really enjoy it, the messier the better. Bring it on.
Our car started acting crazy this weekend, the AC is not working well and the check engine light went on so we decided to just stay down here so we could take it in Monday morning...
Then the real craziness started.
Chad's sister is getting married on Wednesday. Today is Sunday. Chad's brother is also getting married in July. We wanted to go out to Utah for the weddings, and we thought we might be able to make it for Katie's. Chad didn't take classes in the spring, for that reason. He just decided to do summer. Then it turned out that we weren't able to afford the tickets: two people+flying over the ocean to Utah=expensive. And Katie is moving out here like a week after her wedding so we thought we'd just take them out to dinner and stuff. Anyways loooong story short, Mark (father in law) called at around noon and said that he wanted us to come out to the wedding which is in three days. Sooo we leave tomorrow night at eight. Crazy eh? We had to get our recommends signed by the stake pres. so after Kaiya's nap we drove back up to Laie, which is about an hour and ten minutes away, got there right at five which is when the do the interviews. Hurried and packed and then drove back down. I'm actually not really sure why we came back down tonight--you'd have to ask my husband, or why we had to pack like crazy people. Chad was rushing me so we forgot lots of things. Good thing Shanae is a kind soul, and is brining my stuff down tomorrow after she breaks into my house. haha.
Really the whole reason I am posting this is so people who care about the photo "class" we are doing together will not wonder why on earth I haven't posted project three yet. It's coming, I'm hoping by the weekend. But we have a BUSY week ahead of us so it may not be till next week.
I'm a little sad that we will be missing the Discovery garden tomorrow for Ho ala na pua. Tell me how it goes fellow preschool moms. thanks and see you all in a few weeks.
ADIOS =)
9 comments:
wow! that is crazy. i leave monday night too. but i don't fly out till 9. maybe we will see you at the airport.
Busy Busy Busy! good luck with everything...don't worry about the photo project...you just take care of what you need to do first! Have fun =o)
wowzers! how fun though to have a free trip to Utah ... well, anywhere really.
we'd love to hang out when you get back. it's sad ... Addi walks around saying, "Kaiya? Kaiya?" a lot. When we went to Foodland last week that's all she said the whole drive there and back. just give us a call :)
crazy but so so exciting!!! have fun friend!
wow, have fun! that is crazy. we will miss you and our text conversations to try and go sufing... when you get back for sure we are going!
have a great flight!
I really thing all the crazy stuff happens at once. What fun would we have if it was spread out, right? Hope you guys have fun and we'll see you when you get back!
So on Tuesday I started really worrying about you guys. I was thinking what if something happened and nobody knows you're missing yet- thats a long weekend at a vacation rental. I started asking and was about to check your blog to see if any clues were posted and than Shanae told me you guys had left out of town. It's nice to get the full details now. Good to know that you just found your selves an adventure! See you when you get home! Hope you're having a great time!
It was so great to be with you & your family!
Kaiya's spirit is as beautiful as her parents!
Keep in touch.
Love,
Nat & Andy
Post a Comment