Monday, May 12, 2008

So many fun things

Today was a nice and relaxing Mother's Day for me. Chad was up before Kaiya and I and was making me this amazing breakfast of whole wheat chocolate chip pancakes and chocolate covered strawberries, when we got out of bed. He arranged it like a true chef would, gave me the plate and sent me back to bed. I should have taken a picture but I was way too excited to eat it. When I was in bed eating, they colored a Mother's Day Card for me that is too cute for words. It's so fun to see Kaiya's coloring now a days. She gets really into it and makes beautiful masterpieces, it's definitely going to be hanging on the wall for a while! Thanks Chad for making me feel extra special today!!

This last couple of weeks has been fun because Chad hasn't been in school this spring term, so we've gotten to do lots of stuff together. This weeks we went to the zoo with Kaiya's school and Daddy got to come. Kaiya loved it!

The zoo was fun as always, but my favorite part by far were these silly girls:


The three of them decided that they were going to be pals for the day. The twins are our friends Eliza and Malia, they are such cute little girls. I'm glad Kaiya has these two fun little girls to hang out with. Kaiya and Malia started by holding hands and walking together. They were pointing out things to each other and giggling and saying over and over again "let's go, let's go, let's go" and then they'd laugh at each other. It was fun to see that Kaiya is really starting to be a big girl and do things on her own. Once Malia saw the fun they were having she decided that she wanted to join them and the three of them walked hand in hand for a long time. Then they decided to sit in each others strollers and we had a good time pushing them around and getting to know their parents better.

After the zoo Chad, Kai and I went across the street to Waikiki beach. Chad had a work meeting on the phone so me and the missy walked around and took pictures. She was allover the place talking to new people and exploring. She really wanted to climb up this lifeguard tower:


5 comments:

Erin said...

sooo cute! I love the twins and the pics of them all holding hands is adorable! what a good husband to spoil you! Makes me crave those foods now! gorgeous pics!

Jennelle said...

Happy Mothers Day to You! Yum... Breakfast in bed sounds nice =o) Chad is one great hubby.

I love how excited kids get with they go to the Zoo. So fun! The pictures are way cute. I love the one of her lying down in front of the lifegaurd tower.

Stephanie said...

these are some great pictures! i love days like this! i hope we can get amby boy into that preschool in the fall- we went to the one in hauula last week only to find out he needed to be 18 months. oh well! :)

Anonymous said...

Zoo pictures..... so cute. SO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Zoo pictures..... so cute. SO CUTE!