I was baffled.
What was the source of this messiness allover my kitchen!?
I thought for a brief second that Chad had thrown up again and it got allover us (he's been sick all day). But then I quickly realized that he was in a completely different room. I guess I instantly reverted to worse case scenario. Mind you this thought process only took a few seconds, but I finally figured out what it was. A CAN. a can of evaporated milk that expired less than a month ago on july 17th. The goo smelled like mac and cheese, EXACTLY. It was so disgusting to me. We keep our cans above our cabinets so It sprayed down like a shower of rotten cheesy smelling, blobby, globby, milk, all over us.
What are the chances of a can exploding on you from above? Not high, I'm sure. The can split from the side too. I've never seen that happen before, and it did it all on it's own. How strange.
I didn't think to take pictures until I had already cleaned the child and myself off. But you would have been surprised by our ghastly appearance. we were quite white and spotted with goo.
my wall across from the explosion. It's hard to see but it got all over those little blue measuring dishes and it was on the ceiling here too.




10 comments:
crazy! i have never heard of a can doing that. weird.
oh good ol' wic (if you have it) colletion of evaporated milk..i have a ton of those cans too, but i sure hope they don't explode..i'm sure kai thought it was fun playdough..or play goo=) i think i should check my expiration dates as well now..=)
I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. It sounds simply awful. I am also shocked that the can exploded. Yuck.
strange and kind of scary. you had your own personal terrorist attack! :)
That is soo wierd glad nobody got seriously hurt.
exploding cans?! that's just pure craziness.
...but i like your blue measuring bowls.
HA! that is so nuts-o. I am glad I never had to smell rotten evaporated milk. WHat a funny story!
im all about taking us to the next level. for reals :)
i have to work a bunch when i get back, but the good news is that working involves me getting around the island on visits and doing fun stuff with amby while im at it- so if you are game then come along!
That is crazy. Never heard of such a thing. Glad no one got hurt. I will have to watch out for expired cans. Bewildering.
Post a Comment