Kaiya had a fun two year birthday celebration on Saturday at the pool at Ko'Olina Kai, at papa and nana's place. she was lucky to have a lot of her friends come to celebrate with her. She even had Papa and Nana there. The only problem was that it rained all day and it was a pool party, but it wasn't too bad because we were under a covered patio and they have a nice hot tub there to keep everyone warm. We had a BBQ and swam. Then we sang ate cake and opened presents. One of her presents was a new trike, she's still learning how to ride it but she's getting better. She also got a dog and nanna asked her what it's name was and she said "two" that is the first time I have ever been able to get her to name anything. It made me laugh taht she named him that. I really want to link you here because she said it all better than I could have and she took all the pictures for me, so here is shanae's post.

I love this sweet, friendly little person, that we get the privledge of raising. She lights up my world and I am so grateful to be her mother. Thank-you for making my life sweet little one!
my favorite words: "I lub you mommy". it just melts my heart. especially when she says it out of the blue.
- her newest thing she's says is "ohhhh my gosh, mommy" . the combination of her little squeaky voice and the way she says it, just gets me laughing every time. I need to get a video of it, she probably said it ten times today. for example: she said "ohhh my gosh, mommy", with sure wonderment and awe, when I painted her fingernails yellow for the first time.
- she LOVES to dance. the music just moves her soul. she has done it for such a long time, but every time she comes up with some move, a new hip gyration or bounce, leap, twirl combo. it never ceases to amaze me (I didn't teach her, so I have no clue where she learned it). So many times we have been driving in the car, with some sort of music blasting and she will be sitting in the back seat (often times with her eyes closed), shifting her shoulders to the rhythm, or bouncing her head around. She just feels it and it moves her!
- She's been learning Japanese and she's watched a lot of her cartoons in Japanese only, for quite some time. So she's picked up on one word for sure, "arigato". She says it really fast and rolls her "r's" and everything. So all day she walks around saying "arigato mommy" arrigato daddy" until we say it back to her.
- she still remembers, fondly, getting her haircut last week. She asks me all the time, "haircut cute mommy?" she's not asking it like she's unsure though. She says it with her head cocked to the side and with her face resting on her shoulder like a little angel. She's just soaking up the compliments.
- She also does this thing when I do her hair cute, or put on a new outfit, or one she really happens to like, when she's learned a new dance move or is making a silly face. She walks over to her dad and says, "lookie me daddy", while twirling and whirling around. wanting to show off whatever it is to her dad.
1st birthday

These are some of her "one year" pictures. she was actually only 10 months. We were walking around the mall when we were visitng gg and we had to get these pictures done. we know they're cheesy but they're still fun all the same.2nd brithday
We took these pictures in june for father's day. We consider them her two year old pictures. 

This is a dress I wore when I was two, back in 1985. Wow! that was a long time ago and this dress is till cute. It must just be the people wearing it ;).I love you so much little munchkin!


10 comments:
That is soo fun you have birthdays soo close to each other. She is ssoo cute and you are quite the cake decorator. I am really impressed! She is soo pretty, you got a cute one on your hands, watch out boys.
So what does that Japanese word mean?
Happy Birthday Kaiya! You know how to throw a party!
happy birthday kaiya!
way to shake your thang!
Happy birthday Kaiya! Cute pictures.
Happy birthday Kaiya
from yumi in Japan
ok, that dress from 1985 is awesome. so cool that you have it and that she wears it!
happy birthday girlie!
she is such a fun little person! i cant wait until ambrose can say all these delightful things you are talking about- how amazing is that?
hey melissa, this is ol diana palmer from your ol el ed classes. i love to check your blog from time to time and look at your gorgeous child. she is like the embodiment of free spirited. the hair says it all. i know i don't know her in person, but it feels like it because i'm so fascinated with her. yes, i'm aware this makes me sound creepy, but i mean it in the lease creepy way possible. hope you are well and loving hawaii. we miss it bad a lot.
great cake. looks like you have all been having great birthdays! sooo cute
She is so stinking cute!!!!
Post a Comment