I was across the lawn talking and eating with friends while Kaiya was running around on the grass with the little ones. Everyone started saying "kawaii ne" in Japanese, which is one of the only phrases I picked up while we were in Japan, which means cute. So we looked over and saw Kaiya and Kanasa (which means love in okinawan, cute yes?) just laying on the ground "cuddling" together, well at least that's what Kaiya called it. Kanasa didn't cry but I'm not sure she enjoyed the "cuddling" as much as Kaiya did. They (probably just Kaiya) started to cuddle all by themselves. It was so cute and Kanasa was very patient with her new friend.
Sunday, September 07, 2008
kaiya adopted a baby sister
We were invited to an FHE (Family Home Evening) that some of the Japanese members of our ward were having. It was so much fun and I'm glad we went. They taught us a winking game that was really fun too. I definitely want to play that again. anyway...
I was across the lawn talking and eating with friends while Kaiya was running around on the grass with the little ones. Everyone started saying "kawaii ne" in Japanese, which is one of the only phrases I picked up while we were in Japan, which means cute. So we looked over and saw Kaiya and Kanasa (which means love in okinawan, cute yes?) just laying on the ground "cuddling" together, well at least that's what Kaiya called it. Kanasa didn't cry but I'm not sure she enjoyed the "cuddling" as much as Kaiya did. They (probably just Kaiya) started to cuddle all by themselves. It was so cute and Kanasa was very patient with her new friend.




Kayia laid out that little yellow towel under them to lay on, it's like a washcloth. So that made me laugh a little because basically the only thing that fit on it was her head.
I was across the lawn talking and eating with friends while Kaiya was running around on the grass with the little ones. Everyone started saying "kawaii ne" in Japanese, which is one of the only phrases I picked up while we were in Japan, which means cute. So we looked over and saw Kaiya and Kanasa (which means love in okinawan, cute yes?) just laying on the ground "cuddling" together, well at least that's what Kaiya called it. Kanasa didn't cry but I'm not sure she enjoyed the "cuddling" as much as Kaiya did. They (probably just Kaiya) started to cuddle all by themselves. It was so cute and Kanasa was very patient with her new friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
:)
She is sooo stinkin cute!!!
sooo cute!
kawaii ne for sure
That is so cute! She's going to be such a good older sister someday!
aaaaw that is very cute! I love that even the kids out their get to make multicultural friends too!
I love the washcloth under her head. She will be a good mom someday, always thinking about the babies...so cute. I love the picture of her looking straight up. Kaiya, you have the most beautiful green eyes!
Wow!! I saw these pictures and they made me giggle, everyone in the study lab wanted to know what made me chuckle so hard... and when they all came and
looked they too cracked up and said she is the cutest little girl they have ever seen..... It made studying a lot more fun ;D thats for sure
I am one lucky uncle, to bad I live so far away!
Max! i love when you comment!
hey lady- i have your phone!! i came by around 6 to bring it back to you but no one was home. so i dropped something off to my friend on moana street and then came back and same thing... so... i might try again... right now... so answer your door if youre home:)
haha- that comment was from me... not thomas- what liberties he is taking calling you "lady"!
so sassy :)
haha! you make me laugh....I figured since you brought me the phone and not Thomas, it was you.
Thanks for taking great care to get that phone back to me, by the way! I can't believe you came over multiple times. what a friend, I tell ya.
Post a Comment