Sunday, September 07, 2008

the good life

I always feel so lucky that I live here in Hawaii, where the sun always shines, and some of the most amazing beaches in the world are out my back door (where I can play with my family for hours in the waves, and on the sand).

Where I have so many GOOD friends that treat me so well and do amazing things for me, like insist on watching Kaiya all day long, so chad and I can hang out together (Kaiya definitely did NOT miss me, so I know you guys are dang good babysitters. They are the best friends and neighbors anyone could ask for). Where I have a 2 bedroom apartment that is half the price of anywhere else on the island. Where the people are friendly and the fruit is always fresh. Where the most beautiful temple in the world is in my backyard. I could go on forever. I'm in love with this place.

Everyday when I wake up and look at the beautiful blue sky, see the palm trees blowing in the breeze, and hear all our little next door neighbor buddies talking through the walls as we walk past to go on our peaceful morning run; I think, "I am so blessed, there is no place on earth I'd rather be".

I want to live just like this forever.

10 comments:

Shanae said...

AMEN:)

echo said...

tva is a surreal environment. i miss it.

liko said...

sometimes i take it all for granted. then when i am somewhere else in this world, i realize how spoiled we are in this paradise. beautiful.

Stephanie said...

so wonderful melissa, so true. i need reminders like this when i am needlessly feeling sorry for myself. thanks for helping me snap out of it! ;)

.Ang. said...

I couldn't agree more!

Stephanie said...

oh yeah, we're havin a little hangout at our house this week- see my blog for details :)

ashley said...

amen sister. i totally agree with you, except the 2 bedroom apt with cheap rent!

Jennelle said...

Now that we are gone I really miss it. There is no where else in the world where you are going to find that. It is such a great experience that should be treasured thats for sure.

Anonymous said...

Ok, thank you Melissa for this post. Chet and I have been talking about moving there for a while now, and I think it will really happen this year. I have just been so scared to do it. Thank you for this last little nudge, it really was an answer to my prayers. :0) thanks!

Melissa said...

haha! glad I could help Mara! i have been thinking about writing this post for ever, maybe it was all for your benefit.