

First let me explain why she needed to be restrained like that, your kids probably won't have to do it...don't worry! She was getting caps on her front teeth. She did receive gas, and had to get shots in her mouth, however they needed to restrain her to :
A) keep her calm and
B) ensure that they could get it done quickly and efficiently
Knocking her out was not really an option even with the dentist, because her teeth weren't bad enough, and it's pretty risky in children under four.
I stayed in the waiting room the entire time, then they brought her out after the procedure. We waited for a second then he came to talk to me. He was very impressed by her ability to communicate, he said that he took his time a little bit with her because every time he did something new he stopped to explain it to her. He said she was very responsive and accommodating, and that when she would start to get really worked up she would stop and calm herself down. He said she did better than four and five year olds and that he couldn't believe she was barely two.
That made me feel better for not being in there with her, because I'm pretty sure that if I was she would have been freaking out the whole time.
Right now her teeth are super white and a little big, but the doctor said that the color should match her other teeth in about a week and she will grow into them eventually (hopefully soon...keeping my fingers crossed).
***************sorry beach friends I didn't make it today. we just needed to do laundry and get the house clean. I fell asleep with kaiya last night, before I could clean up. See ya guys tomorrow though********************
16 comments:
wow! impressive! i don't think i could have stayed in the waiting room..they would have had to put restraining straps on me..such a smart girl.
they requested that I did because then she doesn't think I'm the bad guy for not stopping them. it was good to though cause I think i would have made it worse.
chicklet teeth! that is so funny. make me think of mexico and all the little kids chasing after you yelling "chikle, chickle" and so you buy way more cheap gum than you ever want to eat, but enjoy the little smiles you get from the cute little kids.
it makes her look different, in a cute way of course! see you tomorrow!
i think they look good. yeah, i've had to watch doctors put faith under and it made me really sad and anxious. but it was necessary. glad it went well, and kaiya did a good job in the dentist chair! such a big girl!
She looks so cute!!!
I'm curious about putting caps on little people's teeth. I've never heard of that before. Why did they do it?
I think her teeth look really cute. She is looking so grown up.
she looks older ... like a 6 year old who just got their permanent teeth that they're still in need of growing in to. it's so cute!!
and i'm impressed that he calmed herself down. whoa! how did you teach her that??
that is awesome.. glad all went well. She is quite impressive calming herself down and all, being better than most 4 or 5 yr olds. Kuddos! Glad it went well.
ahhh! this is the third time i have tried to comment and i will not give up! (my stupid stupid internet)- anyway- the point of all my comments were: kaiya is such a great little communicator, i hope ambrose decides to make sense someday and you are a great mom and i think that's about it!
chet and i were just saying that she looks totally different! its not just the teeth...she looks like a regular big girl.
Yes, we missed you at the beach. But it was fun to see you today. I think Kaiya's new teeth are cute. You'll get used to them, and I think the dentist is right. She'll soon grow into them, and you might think they are cuter than her friends with small teeth. Actually, this is funny. When Eden was born I watched this special on tv in the hospital about child beauty pageants. These girls like ages 5+ are in these beauty pageants, and their mom's are obsessed with their girls looks, which makes the little girls obsessed too. Really sad actually. Anyway, my point is. These girls have fake tans, wear make-up...and FAKE TEETH. They actually have false teeth that they put in their mouths for the pagents so their smiles are whiter and their teeth are bigger, because they are more attractive than their small baby teeth. So, Kaiya will probably be the envy of all the first graders with her beautiful teeth. That's my point. ;-) I'm glad she did so well at the dentist too. She is an amazing communicator. Actually when you were over today I started thinking, I would actually feel like I could handle 2 kids if Eden was as good at communicating as Kiaya is. (Usually I feel quite nervous about the whole 2 children idea.)
hi melissa! can't wait to see you tuesday! fyi: i tagged you!
Good Job Kaiya!! She's such a big girl. When I had an ear infection, when I was little and they were going to draw blood, I went crazy and had to have six nurses hold me down. Props to you too for being so calm. That's gotta be so hard. We miss playing in the sun with you guys. It looks like you're having blast!
what a big girl you have! that is amazing that she did so well! don't worry, i dont think they look bad or weird! everyone pays attention to her cute legs and curly hair anyways!
Hey no prob about the um on my blog.. I didn't take it that way at all.
Glad everything went well...and I think she looks so dang cute. What a trooper she is!
Post a Comment