Thursday, November 20, 2008

christmas present # 1


These baby diapers are the first Christmas present I completed for Kaiya. She loves to put "diapers" on her babies, but we don't have any so we usually end up using a makeshift paper towel or something like that. I saw a tutorial here, for them and thought it would be a perfect gift for her. The tutorial is unnecessary, but helpful. It might be better to measure your baby after looking at the pattern and then make your own.
The tute calls for flannel and I only had boring cream, and I didn't realize how boring it was until after I made the first one. So for diapers two and three I cut one pattern piece out of the flannel, and the other out of a piece of fabric. i like them better like that, they're just more interesting to look at.
I also made two little baby blankets for her since she's always swaddling her babies up. I'm pretty sure this simple present will be a winner with Kaiya. and the best thing about making things for two year olds is, that she could care less if they're perfect or thrown together. no pressure.

8 comments:

Lindsay Rondo said...

how cute!! I think I would sport those if I could!haha... They're so cute!
And I loved the dresses you made as well. What a creative woman you are!

liko said...

haha, makes me miss my undies. hehe. super-cute, melissa. i need to learn to sew so that i can be making pretty things like you, echo and ashley to fill some of my time.

Stephanie said...

you good mom you! way to go!

and i didnt see you last night?!? did you love it??

Leah Remillet said...

These are so awesome. I'm so jealous of your talent!

leslie jo said...

THOSE ARE SOO CUTE!

Matti said...

So cute. This is an idea I will definately need to copy for Eden. She is sooo into diapering and wrapping her babies lately. Thanks! Nice work!

Jake said...

HI cute doll panties! Can you make some in my size?

ashley said...

hey, those are so cool...kaiya's babies go shi-shi is the best looking diapers i have ever seen.

and those dresses you made her are great too! you have been sewing up a storm, and i love it!

can we please play this week?