the first festivity of the week was our FHE D and E buildings party. Kim (the mastermind behind it all), Shanae and I all combined our creative forces to make this party. I think the funnest part for us was getting ideas and making things for the party, and also the kid's reaction to it.
This is the bat pinata that we made. It's hard to tell in this picture, but it was a big balloon in the back and the head is a smaller balloon. We paper machied it and had a blast doing it (my first time).
We had a cupcake decorating station. The options were spiders, ghosts, or witches.
This was our menu:
We set up a mad scientist lab behind our stairs and taped up black butcher paper so a scary person could hide behind it. When the kids were feeling the stuff in the bowls, and trying to figure out what it was, Aaron popped out.
olives
This is right before we went down to start the party. Kaiya freaked out when I put on my make-up and she lost it when I added my wig on top of that! The more she cried the harder I laughed, which is so unlike me when it comes to her, but it was so funny cause she kept saying mommy hold me, I want to nurse (cause she was scared), but she didn't like when I held her. After I stopped laughing I explained to her that I was still me I just put on make-up and fake hair, she was okay. She then grabbed my black lipstick and decided that she wanted some make-up too and colored allover her face.I have to admit that I was all done with halloween after this party on monday. But we still had a week worth of celebrating to do. What happened to halloween being one day!? It's a blast for the kids though.
This is Kaiya's preschool trunk or treat:
The teachers set up a haunted house in their van that kaiya went through ten times:

our sad trunk ( i forgot about trunk or treat till like ten minutes before it started). I used a towel to cover Kaiya's stroller and grabbed our decoration off the door.
Going trick or treating. They were troopers and were out for over an hour. They got lots of candy and went to lots of houses. People here decorate their yards with all sorts of stuff and the kids LOVE it!








After trick or treating they all had to go into Brylie's and check out the candy and swap and stuff. I did that too when I was little, seriously didn't think they were old enough to care about that.
nacho got pushed around all night in his sweet ride, and ate SO MUCH CANDY. He ate right through the wrappers for the most part. He was cracking me up!
I planned on making these for weeks and finally did at four on halloween, talk about procrastination. So dear friends I planned on bringing these to you and didn't make it before halloween so my primary kids are getting them on sunday.





5 comments:
i cant get over you with long hair- lovely! and where was chad hiding that costume during the pirate party?? i love all the festivities and should i risk sounding like a broken record?- im so jealous of the tva fun! i wouldnt even want to try and have a party with my neighbors... i wouldnt want to end up getting caught up in some drug bust just by association :)
lovely isn't quite the look i was going for, but thanks. :)
oh my gosh! how cute are those Nutter Butter ghosts! I love them!
You guys looked great in your costumes. Looks like you had tons of fun! I especially like the monster eye balls.
Melissa, did you make Kaiyas little witch costume? I love it so much!
i could lie and say i made it, which is what i really want to do.. but no i didn't!;) so many people asked me if I did, and I should have. I just didn't want that sort of pressure resting on my shoulders! =)Halloween costumes are important!
Post a Comment