I don't think it's rude to ask who you are voting for. But if they don't want to tell that's ok too. My step Dad never tells other people. I actually just got done voting. And I'm with Ashley...I am so not a huge fan of either of them but I just could never bring myself to vote for a liberal like Obama...I think the majority of his policies are CRAZY!!! If you don't mind me saying.
It didn't work for me? But I guess I did already vote. So as your question on the why. Several reasons but let me pick a few and semi elaborate...
I have some issues with Obama for example one of the first things he says he'll do as Pres is make sure that a marriage is recognized in every state. So if MA. says two gay people are married and they move to HI. UT. or WA. it HAS to be recognized as legal union in that state also. This takes the rights away from the state and creates a loop hole so that any one no matter the gender relationship can be legally married in all 50 states by taking a little vacation. He also has some very DIFFERENT opinions from me on abortion. For me even if everything else is good about a person (and I don't think they are in his case) I just can't get over the issues that are moral for me. I also do not like his friendships with "former" terrorists - oh they admit that they "were" terrorists and that this has been his political mentor and even hosted his coming out party into the political world but hey when they were blowing up federal buildings he was only 8. I'm not sure I agree that the anti American opinions that his mentor has/had makes for a great president canidate, not to mention the obvious lack of pride his wife and minister have for our country. He surrounds himself with people who hate what we are (don't get me wrong there is a LOT that NEEDS to change) but I'm talking patriotism and these people don't have it. Any yet in the middle of all these he's a patriot? I'm just not sure. In my honest opinion - I shouldn't type this on your blog cause I will probably get comments on mine for it ;) it reminds me of a certain B of M story where a Nephite decenter lied his way up to the throne of the Lamanites, do you remember why? Now I certainly HOPE that were not going down a similar rode but I find some facts (his Muslim faith that he denies, association with terrorism to our country and that they can't actually prove that he is a US citizen by birth very alarming!) There is of course other things I disagree with... his socialized health care plan (no socialized health but just his version- not that I like any of them yet), raising taxes and creating more debt and as I said the moral stuff. But with all that I think he is our next Pres. and I will pray for him and our country and my patriotism will still stand and I'll be proud to know that our country has made such a change that a man that once would not have been considered better than an animal is now the leader of the free world. The American dream is alive and well.
7 comments:
took it and got who i was planning on voting for- cool! :)
speaking of cool- my word verrification is: chadoodw
haha thats funny!
is it wrong to ask who it is your voting for?
that was interesting, i got who i am voting for too- not that i am a big fan of ether, but i gotta vote mccain.
I don't think it's rude to ask who you are voting for. But if they don't want to tell that's ok too. My step Dad never tells other people. I actually just got done voting. And I'm with Ashley...I am so not a huge fan of either of them but I just could never bring myself to vote for a liberal like Obama...I think the majority of his policies are CRAZY!!! If you don't mind me saying.
It didn't work for me? But I guess I did already vote. So as your question on the why. Several reasons but let me pick a few and semi elaborate...
I have some issues with Obama for example one of the first things he says he'll do as Pres is make sure that a marriage is recognized in every state. So if MA. says two gay people are married and they move to HI. UT. or WA. it HAS to be recognized as legal union in that state also. This takes the rights away from the state and creates a loop hole so that any one no matter the gender relationship can be legally married in all 50 states by taking a little vacation.
He also has some very DIFFERENT opinions from me on abortion. For me even if everything else is good about a person (and I don't think they are in his case) I just can't get over the issues that are moral for me.
I also do not like his friendships with "former" terrorists - oh they admit that they "were" terrorists and that this has been his political mentor and even hosted his coming out party into the political world but hey when they were blowing up federal buildings he was only 8. I'm not sure I agree that the anti American opinions that his mentor has/had makes for a great president canidate, not to mention the obvious lack of pride his wife and minister have for our country. He surrounds himself with people who hate what we are (don't get me wrong there is a LOT that NEEDS to change) but I'm talking patriotism and these people don't have it. Any yet in the middle of all these he's a patriot? I'm just not sure.
In my honest opinion - I shouldn't type this on your blog cause I will probably get comments on mine for it ;) it reminds me of a certain B of M story where a Nephite decenter lied his way up to the throne of the Lamanites, do you remember why? Now I certainly HOPE that were not going down a similar rode but I find some facts (his Muslim faith that he denies, association with terrorism to our country and that they can't actually prove that he is a US citizen by birth very alarming!)
There is of course other things I disagree with... his socialized health care plan (no socialized health but just his version- not that I like any of them yet), raising taxes and creating more debt and as I said the moral stuff.
But with all that I think he is our next Pres. and I will pray for him and our country and my patriotism will still stand and I'll be proud to know that our country has made such a change that a man that once would not have been considered better than an animal is now the leader of the free world. The American dream is alive and well.
Sorry this is so long but there is your answer.
I voted for obama, and he won... looks like what I say goes...sweettt!!
your vote is the only one that counts in the whole nation, right max?
Post a Comment