Monday, December 29, 2008

anniversaries and weather

we "celebrated" our 5th wedding anniversary a couple of days ago, on the 27th. That seems like a long time to me, but I bet in ten (or 5) years from now I won't think that. We had some fun plans, but it turned out that the weather had other plans for us.

On the night of the 26th at about 7 pm the power went out, and didn't come back on until 2:30 pm the next day. That's a long time. I have never been in a house that long with out electricity of some sort. I have been camping, but when you camp you're leaving your house to rough it in the woods...you're prepared. It was really stormy the entire time the power was out, so it was dim in our house, and we only went outside intermittently throughout the day, when it wasn't pouring pools of water from the sky.

Even though our fun plans did not come to fruition, we had fun, especially since Chad couldn't be on the computer for 24 hours (I got him all to myself)!

I was sad, mostly because the temple is closed now for 18 months, and we didn't make it on the last day together like we planned. Such a long time, and now I have plenty of time to regret the times when I didn't go but should have. Welp, Kona's not too far away.

back to the fun. we played monopoly, watched a movie on Chad's laptop until it died, caught up on all of our missing zzzz's, read books to Kaiya, and just had fun being together. It was an anniversary to remember, that's for sure. I bet this anniversary stands out as one of our favorites for years to come, because how often do you celebrate an anniversary like that?

I want to scan some of our wedding pictures and put them up here so everyone can see us five years ago. we look so different! and so young. Chad was 21 and I was 20.
When I get a scanner someday, I just might do that.

Well, Happy Anniversary Chad! I love you and thanks for the ride so far. I've learned a lot about myself, and who I am, and how to be better version of me (which is obviously a lifelong process) because I'm married to you. can't wait to see what the next five years holds, and the 5 years after that, and the five years after that...you get my point right? Love you.

4 comments:

Erin said...

HOW CUTE! WHAT A FUN ANNIVERSARY! 5 YEARS, THAT IS SOOOO LONG! CONGRATS TO YOU TWO!

Stephanie said...

i dont think i knew you were 20 when you got married too... did you say that the other night when we were talking about how young i was and i am just a bad listener?? sorry if you did. anyway, congrats on the anniversary- a very memorable day indeed!

liko said...

i thought the temple had their own generators?? oh, well, happy anniversary, you two! i know, i left rainy oregon yesterday only to come home to rainy, dreary hawaii. uck.

Chet said...

happy anniversary! That actually sounds like a really fun anniversary. i wish our power would die so i could get chet all to myself, lol. jk. -mara