
This is our Christmas Eve, candle lit dinner. We had four cheese lasagna, french bread and spinach and strawberry salad.
We ate dinner, then told Kaiya the Nativity story in two-year old terms, and put her to bed. We reminded her that she had to go to bed quickly cause Santa Claus only comes when you're sleeping. She couldn't handle the suspense and tried to sneak out of her room a lot. She actually made it out once and came bouncing up next to me, folding clothes in the living room, filled with glee and bubbling over with excitement. I don't know if it was because she couldn't wait for Santa or because she finally made it out of her room.

On Christmas morning she woke up to find a note from Santa, I kept her distracted for a while so Chad could get a few more minutes of sleep. He stayed up late wrapping presents, and cleaning up the house for me.


Kaiya loved the monkey I made her and everything she loves she needs to nurse. I decided to wrap just the monkey separately and put some diapers (with holes for the tail) some headbands I made the monkey, the skirt and shoes and some other stuff in a different box. It was fun for her to dress up her monkey.


She was pretty much done with mr. monkey as soon as she opened this Baby Alive from papa and nana. You can feed it real doll food, give it a bottle with water in it, and it poops and pees. It also says "i love you mommy" and other things. The first time it said i love you, Kaiya got really excited and said I love you too! I guess now she knows what it's like to be a mommy!
The good thing is that she ran out of food, so now it only eats pretend food and therefore it doesn't have exploding poops anymore.
(Since Kaiya ran out of food to give her she decided to give her a tortilla chip. I found it lodged in her throat the other day...maybe she doesn't know that babies cannot have tortilla chips? and maybe she's not quite ready to be a mom yet. good thing it has an off button.)
Then she opened her present from her Great-Grandma and got Teddy Ruxpin! Does anybody remember him? we've had fun listening to his story and watching his eyes blink and his mouth open and close. Kaiya keeps trying to feed him too, and holds his eyes shut so he won't open them. I love that it still has the big cassette in the back, and everything is the same as it was when I was a kid and my big brother had one. She loves holding him and turning the pages in her book as he tell his story. It's really cute and I'll have to get a picture of that for you gg.We then put our ham in the oven and a couple of hours later had dinner with all of our friendly neighbors.
Christmas was great and we had a lot of fun being together. We missed our family back home, but it was nice to have our first Christmas with our little family. Thanks to everyone who sent us gifts. We love you all, gifts or not, and hopefully we can see you all next Christmas!

7 comments:
i love the nursing the monkey picture. and i do remember teddy ruxbin. or whatever his name was.
Sorry about the exploding poo, how funny though. wish we could have seen it. Glad it was a fun christmas, those are the sweet times when its just the family. ENJOY, its over soon.
HA HA!!! I just about died when I saw that Teddy Ruxpin! I didn't even know they made them anymore. I love it! Looks like you guys had such a great Christmas =o) Hope had a great New years too!
holy guacamole! my wonder increased with each gift revelation!
first: you make your family gifts = so cool and admirable
second: a peeing/ pooping non living creature
third: what the teddy ruxpin? do they REALLY still make those? or was this one in storage for awhile!
kaiya couldn't have made out any better.
And have i told you how much i LOVE the picture of her at the top of your blog. so curly. so pretty. so hawaii.
your, or rather chad's, tie came out great! i want to make luke one now!
and i miss you guys...that is all, i just miss you guys!
my dear, those gifts look so fun and amazing! you are my idol! i need to put some effort into our gifts they way you put in your TLC!
I really like Chad's tie!!!!!! really.
gee thanks everyone!
its a new teddy ruxpin, i think she go it from costco! cool eh?
Post a Comment