I decided that i would like the monkey better if the ribbon under the beret was actually the stripey fabric I used for the socks, made stiffer to hold up the hat better (not gonna change it this time tho--I'm over tinkering with this monkey).
and if I made a collar on her shirt before I put her together, it would be perfect to me. That is what I feel like she is really missing. I could add one, but then I'd have to un-stitch her back, take out the stuffing, turn her inside out and un-stitch the neck to add it. It's not worth it to me, for this monkey...but next time.
So next time around I will add a cute collar to the neck line (like this) and change the color of the sleeves to be different from the body, figure out why the beret won't stay on at ALL and...I think that's about it. (there is a very small possibility that I might change the beret, because right now it doesn't stay on unless you hold it. that won't work for kaiya)
and for your deliberation: which fabric do you like at the front of the skirt?
1)

2)
3)
4)
5)
thanks!
10 comments:
That's a tough call!!!
I like how the colors in 2 match the socks
I like 3 for the same reasons.. It's REALLY cute actually! cause the grey matches the body!
and i like 5. it kind of looks a little apronish though
So i guess my preference for my top 3 choices goes 3,2,5
I also have an idea so you won't feel like something is missing from the top. You could add a shrug type thing> I saw an easy one on the "inside a Black apple"- blog
http://theblackapple.typepad.com/inside_a_black_apple/2008/12/sleighride-soph.html
Hopefully that link works
your right! that would be cute and so EASY! perfect, thanks!
4 or 5 cause they contrast more with the the socks, the other ones look like they match too much!
5 or 1 and im not sure why other than it just feels right :0
oh my goodness mellissa! you must be Santa's elf...do you make ALL your daughters gifts? man props to you-what a lucky girl kaiya is! so cute the monkey.
i like 5 best, the monkey is too cute!
#2 and the last one. I looooove the fabric for her socks on her legs, where did you get that?! It's sooo fabulous!
This Monkey is SO cute! I like number 2. I also LOVE your family photos!! You guys are such a cute photogenic family. Kaiya is just adorable in all her pictures!
so great melissa! I have not sewn mine together yet, so I will take your advice. about the hat - i thought it was supposed to be stitched on? maybe not, i dunno. also. I like #2 the best. I know what you mean about having to stay up late to finish projects, eek. I know i told you i wasnt making anything for anyone this year the other day on the phone, but that sorta made me feel guilty and put me into action,lol. great job on molly
my vote is 2 or 5. I think you did an excellent job! Better than I could ever do in 10 tries. She's goona love it!
Post a Comment