Thursday, May 14, 2009

good stuff

we got a bunch of free apple bananas from this nice old guy at the farmer's market, since we had so many we made banana bread with them. Kaiya and I peeled all the bananas, then we mashed them:




I created a recipe using a base from one I had and I was really happy with out it turned out, super healthy and easy. It didn't have any milk, eggs, sugar or butter and it turned out really fluffy and tasty. I'll write down the recipe but It's not really exact, you might have to play with the amounts of the ingredients a little bit:

group one ingredients:
1/3 cup of canola oil
1 cup agave nectar (could use less if you wanted)
2T flax+6Twater ( mix those together and whip them like you would an egg--it starts to get gelatinous)
1T almond milk
2tsp vanilla

Group two ingredients:
1t. baking soda
2c whole wheat flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Beat group one ingredients together until creamy. Add remaining ingredients stir until well combined. Pour into well greased loaf pan or muffin tins. Cook for about 40-45 mins at 350 degrees.

Here are my mother's day flowers from chad and Kaiya. Kaiya gave them to me on saturday after whispering in my ear that she had a secret.

We went to alligator pond with some friends a couple of days ago. the water was sooo low! The alligator was completely uncovered. It was crazy. Then the water started filling up the pond and covering the alligator, as the tide was getting higher.

We also saw a crab, that we decided was dead after we poked with a stick a couple of times. Then all the kids wante to sit by it and pet it.


jumping off the rock:


swimming:Eden jumping off the rock and kaiya and ambrose waiting for their turns. We just kept rotating kids and taking turns.
this was at Ke iki's last week. so blue and crystal clear.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

that recipe sounds great! i'll have to try it and i love all the beach pictures- we live in such an amazing place!

Jennelle said...

Yum the bread really sounds good! I just made bananna bread the other day but it certainly wasn't as healthy as yours...I will have to give it a try next time!

Oh and the crab is so neat! ...it's actually the exoskeleton from it molting. If you picked it up it would be completely hollow inside and the little trap door on it's belly would be moved aside where he squirmed his way out. I think it is so crazy that they can leave there molt completely intact like that. I tried to bring one of these home to the mainland with me one time...not such a good idea, they are way too fragile. Ok enough of the science lesson...my inner biology nerd is coming out right now, I really miss Hawaii!

ashley said...

those days at alligator are the best!
your recipe sounds delish.
and i really like your hair dark.

leslie jo said...

what an awesome place you live in!! What a fun place to play. I will too have to try your banana bread sounds great! Glad you had a good moms day!

Anonymous said...

Those are such great pictures. I really love the one with the blue blue water, wish i was there! (for the umpteenth time). and what a cute yellow poka dot bathing suit.