So, I finally did it. and I messed them up. but I'm glad I made them. If you see me walking around in a shirt that looks like it was made for a pregnant woman and a skirt shaped like a triangle just pretend you don't notice. and smile and wave anyways:
I made this skirt a couple of months ago. it's an Amy Butler pattern and it has a lining and a zipper in the back. It was actually pretty easy.


I also made this beast:

I measured myself to find which size I should make. I read it a million times and figured I really was a size twelve in shirts! yeah right--they're just not that big ( they're the exact opposite of that). anyways I quickly learned after putting in the amazingly, ridiculously hard inset, that took me two hours alone to make, it actually was too too big. about 3 sizes too big! I hurried and took in the sides about three inches, but the rest was not being remade, so the width of the shirt is on and everything else is off, soo off.But don't think I'm not going to wear it, cause I am, my poofy, baggy, droopy shirt in all it's glory.
I tried to take pictures of the backs of these lovely pieces of clothing, but I think that is an impossible task with a cellphone camera and a mirror.
That reminds me. Does anyone have an extra camera lying around that I can borrow/rent for three weeks? Just thought I'd ask.
11 comments:
i love that you have to stand on the tub to take the pics in that tiny bathroom mirror. that skirt is adorable!
i love the skirt and the shirt! you are so brave to make stuff for yourself. i always get so nervous and never end up making it. do you remember that wrap skirt i made a couple weeks ago? yeah, i had to send that one to my mom cause it was so small.
good work! i remember you showing me the skirt but i hadnt seen the shirt and i think it looks really unique and cool- wear it proudly!!! :)
Excellent work. You definitely have skills and if you think those are bad, I have a gallery of awful skirts and shirts that somehow seemed like a good idea at the time. You have nothing to be ashamed of, friend.
you are always hatching up something amazing with that sewing machine of yours!!
and, I need a camera too!! Wish I could help in that department!
i think that the skirt and shirt are awesome. you are brave!!! you made clothes for yourself. i still haven't ventured "there" yet. i think my first thing will be the same wrap skirt echo made. right now, kids clothes is what i am getting comfy with.
i wanna be like you, melissa, and someday be able to easily assemble a wardrobe of my own.
and wear it proudly - i mean, you made them BOTH. not too many women can say THAT!
wow, those look so great! not bad at all. if i saw you walking down the street i would ask you where you got your clothes (lucky for me, i know your seamstress).
the skirt looks cute! and the shirt- i love the fabric! i don't make things from patterns for that reason, to scared- looks like the sewing of the shirt was great though!
Those are super cute. You have such a great talent. Way to go.
Looks great. Its funny about patterns, they don't seem to use the "norm" on sizes. I know that the patterns from like mccalls, simplicity, etc use the euro sizes, so like I use a 4 here in the usa, but its like a 10 in euro size. Glad you figured it out, it looks like it was fun to create.
that top is rad!
Post a Comment