we had Christmas, with our our uber excited three year old. Then our anniversary on the 27th (which we celebrated on the 26th), lots of hanging out, playing at the beach and eating good food and we had to say goodbye to our our neighbors and pals. It was a sad goodbye (this was the not so fun part). I plan on posting pictures abut all these things.
and now we are looking forward to organizing, cleaning and making things for when the new baby comes (in 5 months). Kaiya still wants a sister and sometimes chooses not to acknowledge that the baby in my belly is in fact a boy, and not a GIRL. Sometimes she accepts it wholeheartedly tho so we are making progress.
Kaiya is making us laugh more than ever!
The precursor to this story is that she has been on a panty wearing strike lately. She and I were on my bed organizing my ribbon and her dad came in the room, after he had just asked her to put panties on. Then (without checking to see if she had them on) he said,
"thanks for putting on your panties, Kaiya".
She said: "you're welcome"
and kept on wrapping the ribbon around the cardboard. Chad walked out of the room and a few moments later she looked at me with a mischievous grin, and pulled up just enough of her long skirt to show me her naked butt cheek and then she burst out laughing and giggling on the bed. Of course I couldn't help but laugh as well, with how mischievous she was and all. Then I told her to go get her panties on right now!
I can't believe she is already scheming like this! Oh my, we are gonna be in trouble.
And just now (as in a few minutes ago) we were coming upstairs from switching the laundry to the dryer, we stopped at the mailbox, took out an envelope that was addressed to our family from Chad's parent's address. I assumed it was the family newsletter and told her we got some mail. She asked if she could hold it and we walked up the stairs together. Kaiya opened the envelope along the way and when we got in the house she sat down and pulled out a fifty and said "oooh, look at this money I got! It was actually a Christmas bonus from Chad's parent's (who happen to be his employer).
Then we explained to her that it was our money to use for our family and that we needed to keep it safe. She was pretty upset about it and so I offered to trade her for a dollar bill, just because I was feeling extra nice. She of course knew after a brief examination period that it was NOT the same amount and was not happy about the trade.
She threw a royal fit and threw the money behind the couch while screaming" I want my fifty!" So we promptly put her on her bed in time out. She was in there for quite a long time and the entire time she yelled: "I want my fifty! I want my fifty!"
Oh we have our hands full. and if you were wondering this is why we have waited four years in between babies: She is a HANDFUL! But we love her and she is a LOT of fun!!!
7 comments:
she cracks me up! i could just see her face in all these situations and it was making me laugh. i love her.
i don't think faith knows the difference between $1 and $50 - and i'm glad because she is content with the dollar in her wallet!! haha - kaiya! she's gonna be a fun big sister!!
and that panty situation - super funny!!
I think I had that same fit a couple of day ago!! ;-) just kidding! Good Luck!! Girls are an emotional roller coaster!
Got an idea, tell her that she can earn the fifty if she works at Nana and Grandpa's company when she is old enough....hehe
hahaha!! what is it with the panty thing... every night we put addi to bed FULLY dressed. every morning she runs into our room butt naked.
haha! that is so cute! Annie is on a no diaper wearing strike, lol. maybe thy shoud play sometime....:0p
waaa. how did i totally skip over where you announced that you were prego again, and with a boy! that is so exciting, and oh my gosh, she is hiiiilllarious! i looooove the panties story!!!
Post a Comment